SSP Lab Sweet 64mm - Page 41

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
rurika

#401: Post by rurika »

zumicroom wrote:just to add another data point, i bought a refurb (v2) set back in april and also have to grind basically at touch with light roasts and even then i can't manage a shot longer than ~18 seconds. I know my alignment is good and have no issues whatsoever with my set of SSP multipurpose burrs.
Hmm. I have DF64v2 with lab sweet silver knight. Bought it pre-alignmented from espressooutlet last week. I can choke my machine if I dial DF64v2 less than 12 for light roasts. My dial is 13~14 for light roasts. 16~17 for medium roasts. Try dark roasts today and it still choke my machine at 23 (took about 2-3 minutes for 20g in 40g out)

The machine is Lelit Bianca v2 with stock portafilter (made by IMS).

Hong5588

#402: Post by Hong5588 »

Just got my ssp lab sweet they seem defective

malling

#403: Post by malling »

I doubt it has much of an effect, it's cast burr so look like a classic cast defect, send a mail to Hansung or contact him over instagram

Hong5588

#404: Post by Hong5588 »

HANSUNG email reply burr set get glass bead treatment (High pressure) before coating process. sometimes it get damaged by High pressure glass bead.
ssp has sent me a new set of burr

ltanzil

#405: Post by ltanzil »

Has any body play around with the rpm? P64 user? How rpm change the LS taste profile?
i have run my LS V2 on df64 with vfd inverter. i found that lower rpm improve clarity. 700 rpm is cleaner compare to 1480 rpm stock.
i am grinding at espresso range

Primacog

#406: Post by Primacog »

Does the inverter really lower the rpm of the df64? I recall reading some bloggers doubting that was possible.
LMWDP #729

Primacog

#407: Post by Primacog »

I haven't seasoned my ssp cast burrs with df64 and I also am getting that bitter aftertaste. Does anyone have any theories on what maybe causing this effect and why grinding a sufficient number rifle beans would eliminate it?
LMWDP #729

iyayy

#408: Post by iyayy »

rurika wrote:Hmm. I have DF64v2 with lab sweet silver knight. Bought it pre-alignmented from espressooutlet last week. I can choke my machine if I dial DF64v2 less than 12 for light roasts. My dial is 13~14 for light roasts. 16~17 for medium roasts. Try dark roasts today and it still choke my machine at 23 (took about 2-3 minutes for 20g in 40g out)

The machine is Lelit Bianca v2 with stock portafilter (made by IMS).
perhaps are you still using stock declumper?

ltanzil

#409: Post by ltanzil »

Primacog wrote:Does the inverter really lower the rpm of the df64? I recall reading some bloggers doubting that was possible.
Yes it does. i but you have to make sure first that the inverter can work with single phase output and secondly it should have torque boost feature at low rpm. Panasonic VF0 fit those requirements. df64 is Simple permanent capacitor split motor. so it can be controlled. one caveat though, the switch and control pcb of the df64 has to be removed. they dont like high frequency switching :D
also has to be know that the lower the rpm the risk of stalling is increase with dense light roast bean. up to 650 rpm is fine. lower than that, we have to-be careful. Vfd can be set to trip in case of stalling so it is safe for the motor.

once again any body has experience on profile change on ls at low rpm?

ltanzil

#410: Post by ltanzil »

Primacog wrote:I haven't seasoned my ssp cast burrs with df64 and I also am getting that bitter aftertaste. Does anyone have any theories on what maybe causing this effect and why grinding a sufficient number rifle beans would eliminate it?
same question, have you modified the stock declumper? stock on produce fines at the end of the grind, that might cause the bitterness