So what's the current 'no-holds-barred' espresso grinder?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
poison

#1: Post by poison »

Of course standby's like the Super Jolly are perfectly capable grinders, but....what's considered the current best espresso grinder for a commercial environment (ie no HG One recommendations)?

pacificmanitou

#2: Post by pacificmanitou »

Robur is really common in my area, but the forum favorite is the Compak K10 Pro Barista.
LMWDP #366

poison (original poster)

#3: Post by poison (original poster) »

I figured it would be the Robur. I'll check the Compak out, thanks!

shawndo

#4: Post by shawndo »

Considering "commercial environment" was specified, I would say it's the RoburE. That's what all the serious shops around me seem to use
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

pacificmanitou

#5: Post by pacificmanitou replying to shawndo »

Top two around me are split, one uses robur-e, the other robur dosered.
LMWDP #366

jerbear00

#6: Post by jerbear00 »

pacificmanitou wrote:Robur is really common in my area, but the forum favorite is the Compak K10 Pro Barista.
+1

Compass Coffee

#7: Post by Compass Coffee »

I'd put the Macap M7D head to head against a RoburE anyday. Time will tell if the 3 we're running (so far) have the longevity of Mazzers but ease of use speed of use consistency and quality of the cup all there in spades.
Mike McGinness

endlesscycles

#8: Post by endlesscycles »

EK-43 is pretty hot. Just picked one up; man it's nice!
-Marshall Hance
Asheville, NC

pacificmanitou

#9: Post by pacificmanitou replying to endlesscycles »

Technically not an espresso grinder. It's gained traction after Matt Perger used one at WBC, but it's been designed for brew grinding. I'd love to see a Titan project thread comparing EK-43 and similar bulk grinders to Titan grinders.
LMWDP #366

endlesscycles

#10: Post by endlesscycles replying to pacificmanitou »

I'm not sure what makes an espresso grinder such a thing apart from saying so. By having nearly zero retention alone I see it as the superior home espresso grinder. I've only been brewing with it so far and it knocks it out of the park; every coffee is transformed into a more balanced, sweeter version of itself. It's just nuts what a more even grind can do for cup quality. I'll be playing with it on a GB/5 later this week and will report back.
-Marshall Hance
Asheville, NC