Single dosing with Ceado E6P v2 and Bulletproof espresso on Profitec Pro 600

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
cpro48609

#1: Post by cpro48609 »

Quick video of my morning Bulletproof coffee (espresso). I'm usually single-dosing these days on the Ceado grinder. I really like it and it seems to easily produce stable shots.

truemagellen

#2: Post by truemagellen »

I have that immersion blender but don't have a stainless double wall cup like that. Where did you get it or did it come with the blender?

Why oh why have I been using a crappy battery frother for this lol

cpro48609 (original poster)

#3: Post by cpro48609 (original poster) replying to truemagellen »

Sorry for the late reply just saw this :p

That cup is a Yeti Lowball Tumbler I believe it's called. Yeti makes great cups although a bit on the pricey side. Fits the immersion blender nicely though!

truemagellen

#4: Post by truemagellen »

Thanks I'll check it out

iploya

#5: Post by iploya »

Haha, enjoyed the video. That was surely a departure from what I was expecting based just on the title. I have not heard of adding butter to espresso, but I am customarily late the party and last to know on trends. I actually had to Google MCT oil.

I have same grinder, same scale, same distribution tool (you have good taste). I like the trick of using the tamper to plug the hole, though I rarely have mine in single-dosing mode. I like having a steady supply of beans to do multiple shots in a row and dump when necessary without having to individually fill each dose. I have all my beans frozen in 16-oz. Ball jars (just one of the many tips I've absorbed). I don't keep track but it's probably a 3-day supply.

One thing to note on single-dosing is the E6P has a LOT of retention. If you unthread the collar and pull out the top burr you can see how much is actually collected above, below, and around the burrs. So no doubt there is quite a bit of "exchange" even if you flush and like most hopper grinders it's not the ideal single-doser. There are other reasons to run it like this though, like your observation to reduce clutter and eliminate the hopper.

Somewhere low on my mental project list is to find some mod that will allow me to seal the lid to the hopper other than using Saran wrap.