Single dosing Ceado E37S - Page 12

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
CarloM

Postby CarloM » Feb 13, 2019, 7:35 pm

DaveB wrote:The price you quoted is not for the "old gen" - it's the latest model with touchscreen. The version just before the touchscreen is on their site for $1399, which would be $1274 after the discount. If I didn't already have my E37J (which I got brand new for $699), I would be very tempted by that one. It was selling for $1750 just a few months ago.

Dave you are correct as of right this moment, that is indeed the current gen. But as is evident on Ceado's website (and in the top most post of page 11 of this thread) it will soon be "old gen" when the new E37S with the worm gear is released within the next few months. So what I have to decide is, assuming that the new worm gear E37S is priced at $1750 like the one that is currently $1450 - $125 (and I'm assuming the sale applies, I haven't tried it)...is the extra $425 or so worth it just for the worm gear and any other improvements they might add to the E37S with the upcoming release model.

CarloM

Postby CarloM » Feb 14, 2019, 12:08 am

Also apparently the $125 off $1000 coupon excludes Ceado. So the E37S current-but-soon-to-be-old-gen model is still $1450.

CarloM

Postby CarloM » Feb 14, 2019, 1:36 pm

HoldTheOnions wrote:Have you considered the Atom 75? Eureka Atom Specialty 75 ?

Can be had for less than $1200 if import it. I have E37s and I would take Atom 75 if I were purchasing today.

Very interesting, thank you for the recommendation. I'm checking out the other thread for this.

HoldTheOnions

Postby HoldTheOnions » replying to CarloM » Feb 14, 2019, 10:49 pm

To clarify, you can't go wrong with E37s and new version seems to address the only arguable shortcoming of the machine, but IMO Eureka presents much better value at this point and worth consideration. Pretty sure you will be happy either way you go. Good luck with it.

CarloM

Postby CarloM » replying to HoldTheOnions » Today, 4:25 pm

I understand. I'm actually going to wait a little bit and see what the new worm-gear version of the E37S sells for. If it's listed back at the $1750 or more range, I don't think it will justify the $600 increase over an Atom Specialty 75, especially since that approx. $1100 includes the blow-up short hopper and red speed burrs.

If the new worm gear version is closer to $1500 (which I doubt, because the current-soon-to-be-old generation is $1450) then the larger burrs and less plastic used in the housing of the Ceado will make it a closer call.

Peter_SVK

Postby Peter_SVK » Today, 5:30 pm

CarloM wrote:I understand. I'm actually going to wait a little bit and see what the new worm-gear version of the E37S sells for. If it's listed back at the $1750 or more range, I don't think it will justify the $600 increase over an Atom Specialty 75, especially since that approx. $1100 includes the blow-up short hopper and red speed burrs.

If the new worm gear version is closer to $1500 (which I doubt, because the current-soon-to-be-old generation is $1450) then the larger burrs and less plastic used in the housing of the Ceado will make it a closer call.

2019 Ceado E37S is 1699 € in Europe.

CarloM

Postby CarloM » replying to Peter_SVK » Today, 5:52 pm

I saw that, which given exchange rates, puts it well north of $1700 USD. I guess I'm hopeful that maybe a US retailer will offer a pre-order special, or an online coupon/sale to bring it down to closer to $1500. But absent that, it's looking more and more like I'll be importing the Eureka Atom 75+blow up short hopper+red speed burrs.