Single Dose Coffee Storage

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
SteveH
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by SteveH »

Seems like a lot of people in here are single dosing. Ideally I'd like to weigh out several doses of beans at one time so they're ready to go. Also should help with oxidation given that they'd only be open once when the bag opens and next when they're used. Anyone else doing this? What are you using for storage?

CwD

#2: Post by CwD »

I use little mason jars (I think they're 4oz) and predose the whole bag into those. But mostly just for convenience and ability to freeze. I will on occasion just put it all in one bigger jar on the counter.

If you don't want to freeze, test tubes with cork tops are neat too. They tend to break when trying to remove the cork if frozen, however.

SteveH (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by SteveH (original poster) replying to CwD »

Thanks. Not planning to freeze -- just one or two bags at a time that I tend to use in a week or two. Would be 17 20g doses in a 12 oz bag. So 20 would cover me for 16oz

Bret

#4: Post by Bret »

HBchris

#5: Post by HBchris »

CwD wrote:I use little mason jars (I think they're 4oz) and predose the whole bag into those. But mostly just for convenience and ability to freeze. I will on occasion just put it all in one bigger jar on the counter.

If you don't want to freeze, test tubes with cork tops are neat too. They tend to break when trying to remove the cork if frozen, however.

does it matter that that test tubes or mason jars dont have any one way valve to release CO2?

CwD

#6: Post by CwD »

I don't really see any reason I'd want less reactive CO2 removed from the container.

chipman

#7: Post by chipman »