Shipping times for those just receiving a Niche Zero

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
DaveWCII

#1: Post by DaveWCII »

I see a lot of people saying that they received their NZ around May 1. What was the projected shipping date on the Indiegogo site for the perk you chose? When should I expect a new grinder to be shipped when it says June 2020? Are the May 1 arrivals from a projected May shipping date or April? I'm in Canada.

luvmy40

#2: Post by luvmy40 »

The perk I ordered said May shipping. I ordered April 26 and it arrived May 5.

circky

#3: Post by circky »

Canadian order here. I purchased on indiegogo for May date and they shipped it out in late April 28. I was supposed to get it delivered today, but there's definitely some issue with the package as the tracking hasn't shown a change since April 29 when it indicated it left UK and on route to Canada.

Assuming you experience no issues, I would expect the same with shipment in late May and delivery in early June.

flyboy320

#4: Post by flyboy320 replying to circky »

I ordered one that showed shipping in July to Canada. Can you reply when yours arrives and let me know what if any taxes, duty and brokerage fees your charged?

millmountain

#5: Post by millmountain »

I'm in the Czech Repbulic. I ordered on March 27 and it said estimated delivery in May. Niche notified of the order dispatch on April 28. DPD notified me of a package on May 3 (est. delivery May 5). The grinder arrived May 4. On the box it says the build date was March 2020.

So some ordered and got it really fast, others waited for the fulfillment. Based on how they list the grinder availability on the webpage (X of Y claimed) and knowing the production is in China, it seems as if they collect a number of orders and then order a batch production, then do the testing. In any case, once they notify you it's a matter of days.

circky

#6: Post by circky »

flyboy320 wrote:I ordered one that showed shipping in July to Canada. Can you reply when yours arrives and let me know what if any taxes, duty and brokerage fees your charged?
Got an e-mail from Aramex today for payment of $193 CAD with expected delivery tomorrow or Wednesday.

coffeegoon

#7: Post by coffeegoon »

I am also waiting for a Niche Zero that was meant to ship "early June".

However, I e-mailed Niche today and was told that it would be shipping "in a few weeks" - which I'm a little disappointed about, given I had my hope set on an early June ship date.

Has anyone else received their grinder for June / expecting to over the next few days?

O

coffeegoon

#8: Post by coffeegoon »

Just to say that the grinder arrived yesterday - so actually much earlier than the 3 week anticipated wait time.

Lovely machine.

spearfish25

#9: Post by spearfish25 »

This makes $70 for the slow pour route seem not so bad. I jumped on one and had it less than 2 weeks later. It's a great grinder and well worth the wait though.

Silentsim

#10: Post by Silentsim »

circky wrote:Got an e-mail from Aramex today for payment of $193 CAD with expected delivery tomorrow or Wednesday.
Was Aramex your courier to Canada, or DPD?