Requesting Mazzer Mini E w/ SSP User Experience

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Tony_Lotts

#1: Post by Tony_Lotts »

I'm considering to do this mod, and this post is a request for user experiences.

Previous thread: Mazzer Mini E to K30 Mod

neirda

#2: Post by neirda »

I have a Mini E mod B, with ssp burrs installed since 15 months
It cut the grind time by half , consistency and taste , is much much better BUT ... sometimes the motor is stalling , when the chute is full of coffee , motor doesn't start , it is not often , but it can happen ( maybe 20/30 times since i have it )
Now i single dose since 3 months, i removed the antistatic screen and wiped the chute every coffee , a bit more work but taste really improved .
If you already have a Mini , take those burrs , big upgrade for less money , than changing your grinder .

Tony_Lotts (original poster)

#3: Post by Tony_Lotts (original poster) »

Thanks for that. Based on the above account, and others similar: it seems that although the Mini E can fit the SSP burrs, the motor Does not have enough torque for them. My decision is to avoid the MineE/SSP combo.

augwolf

#4: Post by augwolf »

I've had SSP burrs in my Mini for about a year. Better grind consistency, much faster than stock, only minor clumping. No stalling issues...coffees sourced from roasters all over the US. In my view, a significant improvement in the performance of the machine...a worthwhile, relatively low cost upgrade. Having said that, I do not single dose, and I have no home experience with titan grinder performance. Just for the record, I am a lever guy my daily driver is an Olympia Cremina.
LMWDP#407

stuartmac

#5: Post by stuartmac »

If it occasionally fails to start the motor start capacitor could be failing as well.