Replacement Compak K8 burr set

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Codyjphoto

#1: Post by Codyjphoto »

I'm having a little difficulty locating some and I'm also paranoid of getting the wrong size. Could I trouble anyone for some help here?

Much appreciated! It's a 2011 compak k8 with flat burrs
Once more into the fray

ira
Team HB

#2: Post by ira »

Looks like it uses 83mm burrs with the P/N K00812 or K01483 if you want the Red Speed version. Much harder to find than I expected. Seems like Chris might have them for around $100, you might ask at shops that use Compak grinders who services their grinders as they might have them also.

Compak has a USA phone number you might try calling:

Compak America LLC
Ph. 1-973-376 4006

Ira

JohnStuartP

#3: Post by JohnStuartP »

If it uses the same burrs as the E8 you can use the 83mm set from SSP. I installed a set in mine and they are fantastic! Got them from Wholelattelove.

truemagellen

#4: Post by truemagellen »

There were some with I believe 80mm and some with 83. The Silenzio models were 83 in some markets and not in others.

Honestly before ordering I would measure them or remove yours and look for markings on back to verify.

https://www.cafeparts.com/Espresso-Coff ... s/80-89-mm

MNate

#5: Post by MNate »

JohnStuartP wrote:If it uses the same burrs as the E8 you can use the 83mm set from SSP. I installed a set in mine and they are fantastic! Got them from Wholelattelove.
I thought the SSP burrs didn't work in the Compaks? Is it the same one as for the Caedo? Interesting... Not that I'm ready to spend that kind of money, but it's nice to think about.

Codyjphoto (original poster)

#6: Post by Codyjphoto (original poster) »

I'm in the market as well. Any confirmation on the reds fitting?
Once more into the fray

JohnStuartP

#7: Post by JohnStuartP »

I emailed Hansung and he said the normal 83mm burrs would fit the E8 I have. I asked if there was any difference to the set sold on Whole Latte Love and he said they would work. My guess is WLL markets them as Ceado burrs as they sell the Ceado e37 and not the Compak E8. Anyway, I ordered the "SSP Red Speed Coated 83mm Grinding Burrs" from WLL and the work marvelously in my Compak E8. I couldn't be happier.

This is what I ordered:
wholelattelove.com/products/ssp-red-speed-coated-83mm-grinding-burrs