Removing interlock collar from a mazzer kony hopper... without breaking it! - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
shadowfax

#21: Post by shadowfax »

Kuban111 wrote: ... I took out the dremel & cutout a slit on the plastic hopper lip were the tabs are aligned.
This makes it easy to slide in and out but still able to hold it in place. Sorry for the bad description but I'll post a photo of it soon.
Michael, I didn't find this description troublesome in the slightest. After I finally got the interlock collar off the Robur using Mark McCann's wire method (I used small zip ties instead, though--less risk of scratching for me), this ended up being the best part of the mod for me. To elaborate just a little more, I simply dremeled off the lip on opposite sides of the bottom of the hopper, so that I can snap the hopper into the interlock like normal, but I simply have to rotate it till I line up the tabs with the cuts, and it pops right back out. Very convenient!
Nicholas Lundgaard

shadowfax

#22: Post by shadowfax »

All,

Here's a quick pic of what I did... I think it is what Michael described:

Cut-outs from opposite sides of the hopper lip (Flickr link)

It's really handy to just rotate the hopper and have it pop out. I am surprised they didn't design something like that.
Nicholas Lundgaard