Re-assembly of Fiorenzato F4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Blackleghorn

#1: Post by Blackleghorn »

Hi

My grinder became clogged today so I followed the instructions to remove the top assembly and remove the residue. I have the machine back together but don't seem to be able to get it tight enough for a fine grind. All springs are in and their housing clean, the adjustment ring is not cross threaded etc. Is there a trick I am missing? Thanks.

Codyjphoto

#2: Post by Codyjphoto »

I reassembled my F5 just yesterday, assuming they're the same collar and all, just push very hard on the center (it sits higher than the collar and is what the hopper sits in) and twist the ring the correct direction. For my f5 its righty loosey, lefty tighty
Once more into the fray

Codyjphoto

#3: Post by Codyjphoto »

With hopper off, push this piece straight down. I used some leverage on mine by getting above the machine. It's tough but that's normal. Mine did have food safe grease on the threads, not too much but enough to ease it along
Once more into the fray

Blackleghorn (original poster)

#4: Post by Blackleghorn (original poster) »

Thanks - pushing down hard while turning and somebody holding the base of the machine did the trick

Codyjphoto

#5: Post by Codyjphoto »

Glad I could help. I recommend tightening it while running it until you hear a slight chirp of the blades touching each other and back it off from there. You'll find a good medium of too tight for beans to fit in between the blades to the perfect fluffy grounds. Itll take a few beans and toying with it but that's half the fun!
Once more into the fray