Questions about Ceado E37S instructions.

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Kacordy

#1: Post by Kacordy »

I'm a newbie. Just bought a Synchronika, a E37S grinder and Acaia Lunar scale that I have connected with Bluetooth to my phone. I'm pulling 8.5 bar in about 6 seconds. The grinder is set at 1.9. It's way too slow. Here is a picture of the E37S instructions. This statement in orange does not make sense? I'm thinking that a smaller number is finer and a larger number is coarser? 1 is fine, 2 is coarser? Thank you for the help, suggestions and any tips to help me getting off the starting line to create my first espresso shot. Allen

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

I don't have this grinder, but the instructions look correct to me. Here's a zoomed image thanks to the WholeLatteLove 3D experience:

So moving the lever left (clockwise) = coarser = pull will be faster/extraction time shorter, moving the lever right (counter-clockwise) = finer = pull will be slower/extraction time longer.

As for getting started, check out the site's Newbie Introduction to Espresso video series. It covers everything you'll need to know in your first 2-3 months.
Dan Kehn

SGOUG

#3: Post by SGOUG »

Just saw that post! It does'nt seem like a E37S to me presently on the market; maybe an older model? The E37S has a quick set knob.And you are right: clockwise=coarser, anticlockwise=finer.

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by buckersss »

Kacordy wrote:I'm a newbie. Just bought a Synchronika, a E37S grinder and Acaia Lunar scale that I have connected with Bluetooth to my phone. I'm pulling 8.5 bar in about 6 seconds. The grinder is set at 1.9. It's way too slow. Here is a picture of the E37S instructions. This statement in orange does not make sense? I'm thinking that a smaller number is finer and a larger number is coarser? 1 is fine, 2 is coarser? Thank you for the help, suggestions and any tips to help me getting off the starting line to create my first espresso shot. Allen
IMO if you don't have a worm gear for your Ceado, you may as well sell it and buy something else. My experience is that the slider is stiff, hard to move and easy to overshoot with.