Profitec T64 Replacement Burrs

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
westadamsespresso

#1: Post by westadamsespresso »

hey everyone, first time posting here but have used this as a resource over the years and its always been a good source of info.

i have a profitec t64 grinder and bought SSP burrs 64mm red to do an upgrade. found out that they don't fit via someone who actually posted on here, checked and face palmed. the thing is, i see others on here asking the same question but no solution.

my burrs are definitely in need of at the least replacement and ideally an upgrade. has anyone solved this? massive thanks in advance !

Jeff
Team HB

#2: Post by Jeff »

Confirmed that the T64 spins "backwards" compared to the SJ in Profitec T64 It also suggests that the ECM S64 uses the same burr set.

If you're going to stay with the T64, it seems like your choices are stock burrs or working with Hansung directly -- http://www.espressotool.com/786402328/?idx=3

Advertisement
westadamsespresso (original poster)

#3: Post by westadamsespresso (original poster) »

Thanks Jeff - do you have a good resource for a 64mm stock burr set that would be compatible? Will reach out to SSP as well and see if they have a reverse set that would work as well! Appreciate the response - shocking how hard it is to replace / upgrade these.

barista_g

#4: Post by barista_g »

Hi did you end up with a solution for this? Read another post from early 2022 here and seems like no one knows! Doesn't help with my upgraditis - I think I'll get a Lagom P64 or even Kafatek Monolith in the next month now!

westadamsespresso (original poster)

#5: Post by westadamsespresso (original poster) »

I did find the burrs that work! They have been installed and work well. Overall, I think they perform better than the stock burrs that the grinder came with. I would say a reduction in clumping overall, and i am still dialing / breaking them in - but am happy with the upgrade.

You can grab the ones I got here:

https://www.wholelattelove.com/products ... m-burr-set

Hope this helps - its funny when I got the grinder I really thought it was something much more universally accepted as a great grinder - but it seems it is way more niche amongst espresso people.

Hope this helps