Problem with Comandante C40

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
TV33

#1: Post by TV33 »

Hello,
I have a problem with the C40 and the Red Clix.
After disassembly for cleaning (which I do regularly), I removed the Red Clix to return the original module. I then noticed that the grinder did not want to return to the zero position (the point from which we count the clicks).
As a reminder, here is what society says for this zero point:
WHERE IS ZERO? Hold your grinder horizontally. When the burrs are open, the handle will turn to the 6 o'clock position. Slowly closing the burrs / tightening the grind, click here to get started (from 9 o'clock, for example). The burrs hold the handle still. (If you tighten the burrs even further than this, you are going to click -1, -2, etc., so to speak., So do not go to the burrs). As you open the burr from zero point, you can count the number of clicks to your grind setting.
Very convenient to locate it.
But today, tightening, the handle always falls when it should remain in position 9h. It worked very well before and I do not see what I did different from my previous cleanings.
I then reassembled the Red Clix but the problem persists.
I tried to grind, the setting is not good and I felt a resistance. I then stopped, obviously and by dismounting I then found that one of the spacers had been damaged (see photo). In short, at the price of the grinder, I dare not touch anything.
Thank you.

Advertisement
3cordcreations

#2: Post by 3cordcreations »

Have you contacted their cs? I have a nitro-blade that I have had no issues with but I have emailed them with questions and they respond in a few days. Best to try the manufacture first if you have not.
Regards.
A three cord strand is not easily broken...

SL81

#3: Post by SL81 »

I believe the spring is not sitting in the conical burr as intended. This would explain the damage to one side of the spacer. Not sure why the other side would be damaged though. Were both sides of the spacer perfect before this?

autoexec

#4: Post by autoexec »

It seems like you tried grinding the washer.