Positive on Kafatek Flat

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
wru

#1: Post by wru »

Just landed... and very pleased. 2nd shot pulled with the included Cafe Lusso was spot on.

A touch of initial static to be expected but single dosing no issue. Workflow no more complicated than with Compak K10 PB, and initial distribution seems much more consistent.

Pulled on a slayer single group. Sorry for the graininess, zoomed for a better view of the extraction.

BaristaBoy E61

#2: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Congrats - looks ultra 'Delucious' to me!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

wru (original poster)

#3: Post by wru (original poster) »

Thanks - not surprised by the quality of the machine given the overall feedback, but very surprised at just how consistent it is. Pulled the shot nearly out of the box with tremendous result.

N6GQ

#4: Post by N6GQ »

A new friend you have indeed - enjoy! I'm waiting on my new MAX to arrive soon myself ;)
LMWDP #614

N6GQ

#5: Post by N6GQ »

wru wrote:Thanks - not surprised by the quality of the machine given the overall feedback, but very surprised at just how consistent it is. Pulled the shot nearly out of the box with tremendous result.
What part of Texas are you in? I'm north of Fort Worth. A few of us NTX roasters were talking about a roast-off...
LMWDP #614

wru (original poster)

#6: Post by wru (original poster) »

Parker, East of Plano (we sit right on the line). What does said roast-off entail?

wru (original poster)

#7: Post by wru (original poster) »

Remarkable the size difference between K10 PB and Kafatek Flat.

I single dose so don't normally have that hopper, but added for effect...

chipman

#8: Post by chipman »

That K-10 body is considerably larger then the Kafatek, but the hopper does give the impression of it being monastery taller, which it isn't.

wru (original poster)

#9: Post by wru (original poster) »

correct. K10 fits under those standard cabinets just fine - it's tall but manageable.

smite

#10: Post by smite »

wru wrote:Remarkable the size difference between K10 PB and Kafatek Flat.

I single dose so don't normally have that hopper, but added for effect...

Nice! Would be possible to get your views on a side by side comparison using the same coffee and espresso machine between the two? I just recently sold my k10 PB and need a smaller low retention single dosing replacement.