Poll : One Shot Grind Remnants - Page 9

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Psyd

#81: Post by Psyd »

JimWright wrote:<Bows> Impressive find Chris (or did you take those yourself?).
Nah, those are my boys. I was reading the post, the thought struck me, and I went out to the garage to find bits.
I will admit to substituting the Gaggia lever's 53mm basket to stunt double for the fitty-eights instead of getting the 2,5" adapter. I'm guessing that if you built a funnel in place of the doser, and got a hose to funnel seal with the basket in between, it would probably work fairly well. Even clear the grinding chamber between the burrs. You'd have to vent the hopper lid, however. Finally, a use for that lil hopper guillotine for the home barista! ; >
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

shadowfax

#82: Post by shadowfax »

JimWright wrote:BTW, Nicholas, how has your friend found the Robur E? Worth the large chunk of change they're asking for it? Seems crazily expensive to me, though the idea of precise automated dosing is almost attractive enough for me to try it anyway. (Laziness and OCD are a terrible combination I tell you...)
See this thread; It's pretty strongly related to this one, with the bent being towards how bad the
"übertitans" are. You'd have to ask Paul what he thinks, but it's kind of a frustrating grinder to work with on a daily basis because of how much it holds up. Vacuuming works, but leads to static issues. Personally, I think the regular Robur is a bit more practical. I've got an Elektra Nino that I've been putting through its paces. It's probably the most practical doserless grinder I've had the pleasure of using. I've had a little snafu with the one I've got right now in that it was unexpectedly stepped, but overall it's a very cool grinder.
Nicholas Lundgaard