Picked up a K30ES today.

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
redbone

#1: Post by redbone »

Picked this up today from a food distributor who received it as a trade. Posted online today along with a well used Compak K3 and K6. This K30ES is step less but I thought the ES was stepped. Original owner recently replaced burrs as I was able to verify after opening open for cleaning. This thing with the original hopper is much larger live than in pictures. Need to find a small hopper solution that won't cost more than I paid for the grinder.

Here it is after a good in and out cleaning using a vacuum, blower, small brushes, damp soapy cloth and dental pic.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Jake_G
Team HB

#2: Post by Jake_G »

Holy smokes!!! :shock:

Great find!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

LObin

#3: Post by LObin »

Nice find Rob! That didn't take long...!

Here's what I had made for my F64E. 3D printed. Cheaper than new burrs for sure!

LMWDP #592

redbone (original poster)

#4: Post by redbone (original poster) »

Jake_G wrote:Holy smokes!!! :shock:

Great find!

- Jake
Thanks Jake.

LObin wrote:Nice find Rob! That didn't take long...!

Here's what I had made for my F64E. 3D printed. Cheaper than new burrs for sure!
Nice work on hopper Jonathan.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

TomC
Team HB

#5: Post by TomC »

Congrats!

As timing would coincide, I literally gave away my last K30 ES just 3 hours ago on Craigslist. I scored 2 of them a while back for pennies. I sold the nicer one to a HB friend shortly after, but the second one sat here as a project, waiting for too long and I got tired of the clutter. Originally had it and a few other project grinders listed for beyond fire sale prices, but the other two grinders (Kenia and Mazzer M100) have been torn apart and bits and pieces are in different places.

The K30 ES was still complete, just beat to hell.

If I recall correctly, there was a transition period where the steeples K30 (Vario) still wore a badge under the bottom or in the back that stated K30ES, which was quite confusing.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

LObin

#6: Post by LObin »

I've also seen this a while back before I decided to go for a 3D printed short hopper. Could be an option...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3321084828
LMWDP #592

#7: Post by redbone (original poster) »

TomC wrote:Congrats!

As timing would coincide,..............

If I recall correctly, there was a transition period where the steeples K30 (Vario) still wore a badge under the bottom or in the back that stated K30ES, which was quite confusing.
Tom, thanks for the model information. It appears this is one of those early K30 Vario models as it appears to have the features. Body on this one is VG, no painting required but was in dire need of some outside detailing and an internal cleaning which involved removing the motor.

I now understand this feeling.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

TomC
Team HB

#8: Post by TomC »

redbone wrote:Tom, thanks for the model information. It appears this is one of those early K30 Vario models as it appears to have the features. Body on this one is VG, no painting required but was in dire need of some outside detailing and an internal cleaning which involved removing the motor.

I now understand this feeling.
Let's chat sometime via PM. The one part of the grinder I didn't give away was the shorter hopper that I had for it. Brand new/unused.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

#9: Post by redbone (original poster) »

Picked up a Mazzer short hopper and lid for $50 cda tax in. The comparable Mahlkonig part is 6x more. Temporarily using a plastic pipe reducer and metal tape since the mouth of the hopper is too wide. The reducer butts up against the hopper making it too long and a bit unstable. Ideally I'd like it to fit over neck with hopper sitting inside. To my surprise can't find a previous 3D print model.

Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

#10: Post by redbone (original poster) »

Here is a 3D printed converter piece. Special thanks to member Lobin for the hookup and delivery.

Also drilled and tapped adding a machine screw to secure hopper tight.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549