Pharos manual grinder by Orphan Espresso - Page 22

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
vicroamer

#211: Post by vicroamer »

Yes the funnel does look good, simple and practical.
Now that the first original batch have been delivered does anyone have any feedback re performance, flavour in the cup sort of thing compared to other grinders. :?:

orphanespresso

#212: Post by orphanespresso »

As promised, a couple more Pharos videos
Doug and Barb

SlowRain

#213: Post by SlowRain »

Doug looks like he has a lot of fun grinding.
Espresso shrine--> viewtopic.php?p=256899

Paolo

#214: Post by Paolo »

After looking at the 2 new videos, the ABS funnel seems to make a BIG difference to the useability of the Pharos. An amazing on-the-fly addon. Well done!!

trollklint

#215: Post by trollklint »

What will the new parts cost for us who already have a Pharos ?

harris

#216: Post by harris »

orphanespresso wrote:Sadly no whacking with a mallet is needed.
Huh? You are not shipping a mallet with each Pharos, the outrage :shock:

I was hoping to use the Pharos with my traveling Cona D, thoughts? Any Vac-Pot experiences out there?

. . . mallet comment was an attempt at humor

dumpshot
Supporter ♡

#217: Post by dumpshot »

'Find your zero, grasshopper.'

I am looking forward to the Pharos' arrival. It is the coolest looking, aesthetically pleasing, functional thing I have seen in a long time. Thanks, Doug and Barb.
LMWDP #484

Clint Orchuk

#218: Post by Clint Orchuk »

Doug has a lot of fun doing everything. Especially anything involving hammering and whacking! If I ever order one, I want that orange hammer.

orphanespresso

#219: Post by orphanespresso »

Emil, cost? How could we even consider charging for something that we should have included in the first place? We'll just send the new parts out as soon as we get the funnels. We'll include a pattern for drilling the hole in the bottom plate.
By the way, that was the first decent shot I had pulled on the LSM...a tad fast but there are a lot of flow adjustments on the machine to balance out.....and keep your mitts off my dead blow mallet!

Sir Anselm

#220: Post by Sir Anselm »

orphanespresso wrote:Emil, cost? How could we even consider charging for something that we should have included in the first place? We'll just send the new parts out as soon as we get the funnels. We'll include a pattern for drilling the hole in the bottom plate.
Wow, that is certainly generous :shock:

Judging by the video it seems like a really nice addition/modification.