opother wrote:I have one a version 1 (old version) to version 2 kit on it's way to me along with some aluminum sleeves to replace my older plastic ones and a new hopper just in case as well as the $1 dollar nylon thrust washer.
I would like to tell you how it works out but I'll have to at least wait till I get it.
I ordered the same. A couple notes:
1. I had to use the plastic bolt covers on the top area between top plate and burr plate because the Al bolt covers were ~0.5mm too tall so I couldn't get the right burr-to-plate spacing. If I were doing it over again, I'd have gotten the new plastic hopper (the old one was just a translucent tube that Doug cut in his garage.
2. I also had to ream out the thrust washer because the ID was too small for the axle.
3. The new clamping ring uses a 3mm hex head instead of whatever shipped with the Pharos 1.0 and the old one doesn't quite get tight enough.
The hardest part of the upgrade is getting the burr off the old axle. Doug recommends getting a PVC pipe and a rubber mallet, but I used the edge of my butcher's block to support the burr while I hammered on the axle. I'm not 100% thrilled with my burr alignment