Owner experience with Comandante C40 - Page 16

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
TomC
Team HB

#151: Post by TomC »

Glad it's working out. I look forward to putting it thru its paces again, version 1 next to version 2.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

jbviau
Supporter ★

#152: Post by jbviau »

Heads up, y'all. Comandante's Facebook page started getting active again in August, and now Proud Mary (in Melbourne) seems to be the first retailer to receive samples of the new version of the C40. See here, for example:

AFAIK there's no word on U.S. distribution yet. Anyone know more? After what happened the first time around, I'd say I'm cautiously curious.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

TomC
Team HB

#153: Post by TomC »

My Gen 1 has been relegated to pepper grinder a long time ago (I stopped using it basically when I wrote my previous impressions, and it sat until I decided to put it to some use elsewhere). I'm not interested in another go-around and US distributorship won't be the same as previous channels from what I've previously been told.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

AbleBrewingEquipment

#154: Post by AbleBrewingEquipment »

We have reached out to the Comandante team many times over the past months. There has been zero reply to our e-mails. Able has done our very best to represent them while also providing the best customer support and service we could. The early conversations we had and collaborating on ideas moving forward was positive. A bit puzzled on why no communication. Maybe they are busy and we will work together again. The updates do look positive but if we don't hear from them we are open to suggestions as we are in need of offering a quality hand grinder.
-Keith