Orphan Espresso OG Grinder - Page 6

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ryan.c12121

#51: Post by ryan.c12121 »

PSA: Grinder Giveaway

TL:DR Check out the winner's list again.

https://www.oehandgrinders.com/10-year- ... eaway.html

If any one of the initial 10 didn't claim their prize you might have been selected as an alternate winner. If you are on the list, check your spam folder.

So turns out that not everyone who was chosen as the first 10 winners have claimed their prize. There is a 15 day period where they had to reply to the email that was sent to them notifying that they won a grinder and to send their shipping address. However, if they didn't respond within that timeframe then alternate winners were chosen.

I knew this was a possibility as I had thoroughly read the rules of the sweepstakes just for educational purposes, so I just popped back onto their site to see if the winner's list had changed at all and luckily I was selected as one of the alternate winners. 8)

I quickly checked my email but did not see anything from Orphan Espresso so I went through my spam inbox and found an email from Barb sent yesterday. (April 28)

This is likely why some people didn't claim their prize but this was touched on in the rules for the sweepstakes;

"Orphan Espresso shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information."

So just in case anyone here was also chosen as an alternative winner, I'll post the updated winners list.

WINNER 1
shschaumburg
WINNER 2
jf@********.de
WINNER 3
nicolealauderbaugh41@********.com
WINNER 4
edisonting@********.com
WINNER 5
bettyesp@********.com
WINNER 6
sparkedcat@********.com
WINNER 7
jiatern@********.com
WINNER 8
aaronem251@********.com
WINNER 9
ryanc12121@********.com
WINNER 10
Camille.link@********.fr

I'm super stoked to receive this grinder as I've read so much about Doug and Barb on this forum. Reading through older threads about the first iteration Pharos and Lido was such a trip through coffee history. It's amazing how far hand grinders have come since then and Orphan Espresso was really one of the first to set the premium hand grinder ball rolling. Nothing but respect for the OG's.

It's a bit sad that they don't frequent the forum as much anymore, they were really funny at times and incredibly knowledgeable about their craft. At least they are still creating new products and they look very happy in Taiwan.

As it is a stepless grinder seemingly specializing in espresso, I'll be using it with my Flair Pro 2.
I'll definitely post about the grinder when I receive it, first impressions and whatnot. Fortunately I have literally only used hand grinders in my short coffee journey (1zpresso JX, Comandante) so I'll hopefully have some good insight on how the OG stacks up against these very popular and often recommended hand grinders.

GregoryJ

#52: Post by GregoryJ »

Congrats and enjoy!

Yan

#53: Post by Yan »

Congrats for the winner...I wish I have those Spam Mail... :D

marcism

#54: Post by marcism »

As someone who has used a Lido E almost daily since... 2014? 2015? I can definitely say you're in for a treat, Ryan.

My grinder will outlive the heat death of the universe, as will every OE product, so enjoy the many years of great grinding to come.

jbviau
Supporter ★

#55: Post by jbviau »

That's awesome, Ryan. Yes--congrats!

Did they tell you when they plan to send the grinder you won?
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

ryan.c12121

#56: Post by ryan.c12121 replying to jbviau »

I got a reply from Barb saying that they just finished their first build and are hoping the first shipment to the US goes this week. After it arrives, they're going to ship to where I am. (Toronto)

If all goes well, I'll probably receive the grinder within a few weeks to maybe a month.

jbviau
Supporter ★

#57: Post by jbviau »

"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

Scott5067

#58: Post by Scott5067 »

Hello All,

The OG is now displayed on the grinder main page:
https://www.oehandgrinders.com/OE-Manua ... s_c_1.html

Can't wait to start reading the reviews. My Fixie is a pleasure to use and I suspect the OG is going to be every bit as enjoyable.

Otago

#59: Post by Otago »

A comprehensive set of videos covering the OG grinder has now been loaded onto the OG grinder manuals/schematics/videos page at https://www.oehandgrinders.com/og-manuals

Otago

#60: Post by Otago »

A revised introduction video has just been posted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOrgOQ8kdtU