Orphan Espresso OG Grinder - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
braxtonjens

#21: Post by braxtonjens »

Nope!
I had my fingers crossed though.
Now I'm going to have to round up all unneeded coffee things to sell so I can get an OG.
“Coffee is always a good idea”
LMWDP #617

Yan

#22: Post by Yan replying to braxtonjens »

+1
Sama here Bro... :D
Please share your experience if you already get one...

Advertisement
braxtonjens

#23: Post by braxtonjens »

If I get one I'll be sure to share.
anyone know the retail price and when they are available for purchase through their website/distributors?
“Coffee is always a good idea”
LMWDP #617

nameisjoey (original poster)

#24: Post by nameisjoey (original poster) replying to braxtonjens »

That information hasn't been released yet as far as I am aware of.

I'm going to bet around $250.

KCcoffeegeek

#25: Post by KCcoffeegeek »

My guess is over $300 for price. I reached out about a review sample for my website but with 7000 IG followers and a few hundred readers per day I have no clout! LOL I have been following OE since before they made grinders... have one of their refurb'd PeDe's on the wall and it's a beauty, but gets no use. Over the years I've managed to collect a Pharos I upgraded to a 2.0, which is my main workhorse, a Lido E I rarely use and a Lido 3, all used and all at fantastic prices. This OG has the form factor of the Lido but with a MUCH better adjusting system, judging by the pics at least.

#26: Post by nameisjoey (original poster) replying to KCcoffeegeek »

Yeah it seems more in line with the Pharos adjustment system but even better and more convenient. Speaking of the Pharos - it doesn't seem to be on the site anymore. I wonder if it's just OOS or what?

I think over $300 might be a bit high so I really hope you're wrong :)

jbviau
Supporter ★

#27: Post by jbviau »

FWIW if you look in the fine print of their recent giveaway (under "view rules"), it says "the approximate retail value of all prizes is $250."
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

Advertisement
mborkow
Supporter ♡

#28: Post by mborkow »

nameisjoey wrote:Speaking of the Pharos - it doesn't seem to be on the site anymore. I wonder if it's just OOS or what?
You are right...it's not up there at all. I'd have expected even if OOS you'd still keep the literature pages for the grinder there...

#29: Post by nameisjoey (original poster) replying to mborkow »

My thoughts as well...

baldheadracing
Team HB

#30: Post by baldheadracing »

I see pages and manuals all the way back to https://www.orphanespresso.com/oe-pharo ... 636-1.html

The only page that I don't see is the version 2.0 ordering page. While I have seen those ordering pages disappear and re-appear from their site before, I have no idea if a new batch of Pharos will be made.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada