Orphan Espresso LIDO E First Impressions - Page 7

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
jwCrema
Supporter ❤

#61: Post by jwCrema »

andpgud wrote:Got my lido ET
How should I adjust it for my Mcal leva and how do I adjust it?
please do not take it entirely apart.

SuchBrewSoCoffee

#62: Post by SuchBrewSoCoffee »

So is LIDO that good for french press regarding quality and mobility (size)? As far as I understand there is no difference between LIDO grinders in quality.
I am looking for a new grinder to replace my Hario Slim at work.

Advertisement
Balthazar_B

#63: Post by Balthazar_B replying to SuchBrewSoCoffee »

I use a Lido 3 at work for press brewing, and it is perfectly excellent. In my case, it replaced a Porlex I'd been using, and the difference in speed, ease, and output quality is night and day.
- John

LMWDP # 577

dilin

#64: Post by dilin »

Does anyone know why when I try to lock my locking ring, my adjustment rings turns too? It seems hard to fix a location for a grind. I got the Lido for a couple of weeks now, does it need to break in or anything? Thanks.

dominico (original poster)
Team HB

#65: Post by dominico (original poster) replying to dilin »

It takes a little finesse and adjustment to get the hang of it: what I normally do is put the hopper opening against my chest and slide the adjustment ring just a little farther than I actually want it,
then I slide the locking ring until it is up against the adjustment ring: hold the locking ring in place and tighten the adjustment ring into it. After a few adjustments it becomes second nature to tighten to the spot you want.
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

MB

#66: Post by MB »

SuchBrewSoCoffee wrote:So is LIDO that good for french press regarding quality and mobility (size)? As far as I understand there is no difference between LIDO grinders in quality.
I am looking for a new grinder to replace my Hario Slim at work.
I recently switched from the Hario Slim at work to the Lido E; only, I use it for espresso grind in a tamped, heavy pushed AeroPress technique. The first taste was noticeably smoother with better flavor in comparison. The shortened time grinding was a pleasure.
LMWDP #472