Orphan Espresso LIDO 3 first impressions - Page 20

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Cafeneo

#191: Post by Cafeneo »

ChiRho wrote:Espresso range on my Lido 3 is from zero to negative 2. It is not unusual for some variation in espresso range settings between individual grinders and I confirmed this with OE.
Cheers!
Chris
My experience is similar from 0 to 2.5 works well for me

Walkthewalk

#192: Post by Walkthewalk »

The LIDO 3 is seriously my favorite manual grinder to date.

Fluffeepuff

#193: Post by Fluffeepuff replying to Walkthewalk »

Because of all these very favorable reviews I decided to purchase one. Waiting for them to get back into stock in August. The LIDO 3 will be my first "prosumer" grinder and I'll be using it for manual brewing. Hoping when I report back I have the same thing to say!

Fluffeepuff

#194: Post by Fluffeepuff »

I just got my LIDO 3 in - I was playing around a bit with it, moving the adjustment ring around. I set it back to zero, locked the adjustment ring, and now I can't get the locking ring to 'unlock'.... I didn't overtighten it, barely tightened it at zero. Now I hear a lot more burr rubbing at zero as well.

I'm guessing this is that the instructions referred to as locking up the locking ring... how can I get the assembly to unlock? Twisting it with brute force in either direction does nothing (both the locking ring AND the locking/adjustment ring together). Should I take out the bottom screw?

OldNuc

#195: Post by OldNuc »

No, That screw will not solve your problem. Take the catch cup off and whack the rings with a wood dowel several times, they will separate.

mania

#196: Post by mania »

As Old Nuc said just remove catch cup which will allow a better grip

Mine also sometimes is well seated
Which is actually better than the opposite as it would lose its settings if too loose

Fluffeepuff

#197: Post by Fluffeepuff »

OldNuc wrote:No, That screw will not solve your problem. Take the catch cup off and whack the rings with a wood dowel several times, they will separate.
That did it - thanks! I was a bit hesitant to give it a soft whacking... it's just so pretty.

Will report back with how it does in the grinding and subsequent brewing department. Thanks mania & oldnuc!