Orphan Espresso Apex Grinder - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by FotonDrv »

IMAWriter wrote:Doug and Barb rock the coffee planet...again.
Now the patient wait begins..., unless the cat jumped back into the :lol: bag.
A very elusive cat it is but one that figures out the problems thoroughly before it leaps in full sprint from that bag :-)
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Boldjava

#12: Post by Boldjava »

Doug/Barb have a YouTube up on it grinding this a.m.
-----
LMWDP #339

Espresso_Junky

#13: Post by Espresso_Junky »

IMAWriter wrote:Doug and Barb rock the coffee planet...again.
Now the patient wait begins..., unless the cat jumped back into the :lol: bag.
Too bad OE customer service never comes close to their good-great products.

hankua (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by hankua (original poster) »

FotonDrv wrote:A very elusive cat it is but one that figures out the problems thoroughly before it leaps in full sprint from that bag :-)
They've commissioned all the expensive production moulds, and intend to see it through completion. At least that was my impression from our conversation.

HB
Admin

#15: Post by HB »

Espresso_Junky wrote:Too bad OE customer service never comes close to their good-great products.
You make a valid point, but that horse has been beaten so many times, there's an official thread where I collect reports: Anyone Heard from Orphan Espresso Lately? Please, let's not go there again in this thread, nothing will come of it. :|
Dan Kehn

IMAWriter

#16: Post by IMAWriter »

Well, I'll just say I've not had any issues.

Back on topic, what is this grind method best suited for? VERY coarse, or is a medium grind..vac pot, Kalita, etc possible?

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by FotonDrv »

hankua wrote:They've commissioned all the expensive production moulds, and intend to see it through completion. At least that was my impression from our conversation.
Thanks Hank.

We need to talk about roasting.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

CwD

#18: Post by CwD »

IMAWriter wrote:Back on topic, what is this grind method best suited for? VERY coarse, or is a medium grind..vac pot, Kalita, etc possible?
On my ghost tooth grinder, the range is medium-very coarse. A particularly small v60 brew maybe not, but larger v60 brews all the way up to the coarsest you'd ever need is great.

IMAWriter

#19: Post by IMAWriter replying to CwD »

Thanks.

coochchilli

#20: Post by coochchilli »

CwD wrote:On my ghost tooth grinder, the range is medium-very coarse. A particularly small v60 brew maybe not, but larger v60 brews all the way up to the coarsest you'd ever need is great.
Which grinder do you have? I was just reading a thread on the fuji r220 and it sounded like it was quite well suited to pourovers