Option-O LAGOM Casa Coffee Grinder

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
samsonpvr

#1: Post by samsonpvr »

From their Instagram account.

Introducing the latest addition to the LAGOM family - LAGOM Casa Coffee Grinder. Elevate your coffee experience with its sleek, table-lamp-inspired design that adds a touch of cozy elegance to your coffee bar. Seamlessly blending into your home, LAGOM Casa transcends beyond a mere appliance. Designed with artistic spirit and precision grinding, LAGOM Casa is set to elevate your coffee routine.

Save the date! February 22nd, LAGOM Casa awaits your arrival.

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by Milligan »

Here is one of the accompanying images:

Curious to hear more. Is it an update to their 64mm design? From the concept art it is difficult to tell what orientation the burrs will be. The dosing cylinder would seem to look like horizontal orientation but the motor cylinder suggests vertical orientation.

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by TenLayers »

I am liking that poster. There's a lot of art history in it.

spressomon

#4: Post by spressomon »

Maybe this time, they'll even eliminate the "dots" for an even more aesthetically pleasing art project. Yes, my attempt at sarcasm :shock:
No Espresso = Depresso

GregoryJ

#5: Post by GregoryJ »

Milligan wrote: Curious to hear more. Is it an update to their 64mm design? From the concept art it is difficult to tell what orientation the burrs will be. The dosing cylinder would seem to look like horizontal orientation but the motor cylinder suggests vertical orientation.
Could be a Sette-style conical as well :idea:

peterbayne

#6: Post by peterbayne »

Looks like they teased the design last year on April fools day...

caeffe

#7: Post by caeffe »

TenLayers wrote:I am liking that poster. There's a lot of art history in it.
Pls elaborate. I'm always curious as to the why as the history behind certain images.
LMWDP #162

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#8: Post by Milligan replying to caeffe »

Reminds me of mid-century Eames/Herman Miller/Knoll ads. Probably comes from something more specific than that though.

malling

#9: Post by malling »

Milligan wrote:Here is one of the accompanying images:

Curious to hear more. Is it an update to their 64mm design? From the concept art it is difficult to tell what orientation the burrs will be. The dosing cylinder would seem to look like horizontal orientation but the motor cylinder suggests vertical orientation.
I'll on the other hand don't think it can be anything but the way they done so far. On vertical you need to feed the burrs from front/ back from a slope or auger, but this look to feed directly above which isn't possible on a vertical. The only way this physically can feed vertical is if they say heck with the size and made it absolutely monstrous size of a 60ish grinder.

I'll say it's a mini 01 with blind burrs let's guess 66-68mm blind Mizen burrs where one can change the carrier to 64mm.

Conical is the black horse, but I don't think the odds are hight.

wongsteven51

#10: Post by wongsteven51 »

Most likely answer is a smaller flat grinder to sit between the p64 and the mini. I can't see them replacing the p64 and it doesn't look big enough to be an 80mm. Also, the price gap between the p64 and 01 is too small for that to really make sense.

What I would really want is a large conical with a pre grinder to compete with the MC6. Based on the exterior, it seems possible.