Option-O LAGOM Casa Coffee Grinder - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
cmin

#21: Post by cmin »

samsonpvr wrote:It doubles as a lamp? :wink:

joshlee

#22: Post by joshlee »

samsonpvr (original poster)

#23: Post by samsonpvr (original poster) »

Difficult to get a feel for scale. I wonder if the clicker is the same size as the 01?

Rabh

#24: Post by Rabh replying to samsonpvr »

The tech specs page is now gone, but the dimensions were listed as:
- 9 × 21.5 × 27.5 cm (WxDxH), 3.5 kg
- 3.5 × 8.5 × 10.8 inch (WxDxH), 7.8 lbs

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#25: Post by Milligan »

Can't say I'm in love with the look. I like the look of the P64. There is a simple elegance to it. This one's form seems like it has too many shapes joined together without an eye to simplicity. It wouldn't stand out as much to me if Option-O hadn't achieved very elegant and minimalist designs previously. A conical burr does make sense. The Mini is a great grinder with caveats of a very light duty cycle so curing that would make it a very easy recommendation. Bonus points for multiple burrs like the mini. It would certainly round out their offerings.

joshlee

#26: Post by joshlee »

Rabh wrote:The tech specs page is now gone, but the dimensions were listed as:
- 9 × 21.5 × 27.5 cm (WxDxH), 3.5 kg
- 3.5 × 8.5 × 10.8 inch (WxDxH), 7.8 lbs
https://www.option-o.com/01-tech-copy?rq=casa

Ullke

#27: Post by Ullke »

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#28: Post by Milligan »

They have a product page in their shop too but no price (at the time of this post): https://www.option-o.com/shop/lagom-casa

No preorder, they will list when they have product in hand.
LAGOM casa ("home" in Italian) was designed as a tribute to the simpler times of our earlier journey as home coffee enthusiasts. We wanted a simple home coffee grinder that is reliable, with low retention, and produces delicious coffee effortlessly, all while looking great in our humble coffee corner. This is the grinder we wished existed back then.
Doesn't sound like a budget buster to me. Likely slots above the Mini but well below the P64 with the burr options allowing for a range of prices. Curious if this ends up phasing out the Mini?

ei8htohms

#29: Post by ei8htohms »

Thank god - numbers.
LMWDP #751

GregoryJ

#30: Post by GregoryJ »

Hopefully those are just concept renderings on their webpage, because now they have gotten rid of any indications of grind setting :shock:
They do quote a faster grind time than the mini (30-45 seconds compared to 45-60 seconds). The 65mm burrs seem like they will be worthwhile just for the grind speed, if the flavor is similar.

Edit to add:
The 65mm burrs will be espresso-focused, while the 48mm are more for all-around use.

"We hope to share more about the 65mm burrs in due time (it is expected to be more espresso-focused than filter), but we still have a bit of work to do before we can do that confidently."
https://www.option-o.com/news/2024/2/22 ... lagom-casa