Nuova Simonelli Mythos One vs. Mahlkonig PEAK

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
thepilgrimsdream

#1: Post by thepilgrimsdream »

Has anyone had a chance to compare the taste profiles at all?

If anyone has used or tasted side by side, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Shife

#2: Post by Shife »

I've not had a chance to compare them side by side, but I spoke with one high end shop a few weeks ago who indicated that they are in the process of expanding locations and as part of that expansion they are replacing all of their Mythos Clima Pros with Peaks.

vr6tvw
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by vr6tvw »

thepilgrimsdream wrote:Has anyone had a chance to compare the taste profiles at all?

If anyone has used or tasted side by side, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Yes. I have both of them. Please keep in mind that this is from My exprince and it's just my 2 cents and personal opinion!

Completely different flavor profile between the two. The Mythos is more suitable for SO light roast flavor profile. The Peak flavor profile excels on the darker roast side, City and city plus etc..

I would have to say that the two grinders fit different applications.

thepilgrimsdream (original poster)

#4: Post by thepilgrimsdream (original poster) »

vr6tvw wrote:Yes. I have both of them. Please keep in mind that this is from My exprince and it's just my 2 cents and personal opinion!

Completely different flavor profile between the two. The Mythos is more suitable for SO light roast flavor profile. The Peak flavor profile excels on the darker roast side, City and city plus etc..

Thanks! Do you feel that one of them covers more ground than the other? The Peak is at a much nicer price point, but I would rather have the option to try some SO light roasts if the Mythos could excel at it more so than the Peak

frank828

#5: Post by frank828 »

from experience, i would bet that the prices would come out somewhat similar if you were to ask different dealers what their price is offline.

Shife

#6: Post by Shife »

The Peak and the Mythos Low RPM are right about the same price point.

vr6tvw
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by vr6tvw »

thepilgrimsdream wrote:Thanks! Do you feel that one of them covers more ground than the other? The Peak is at a much nicer price point, but I would rather have the option to try some SO light roasts if the Mythos could excel at it more so than the Peak

The Peak would fit the overall package you are looking for.

Viernes

#8: Post by Viernes »

vr6tvw wrote:Yes. I have both of them. Please keep in mind that this is from My exprince and it's just my 2 cents and personal opinion!

The Peak more suitable for dark roasts?? It is not supposed to grind like an ek43 profile???

HBchris

#9: Post by HBchris »

I never had shots of the mythos to compare, but from what i have read from others... is that the Peak is suppose to really shine when it comes to lighter roasts. Getting good flavor clarity and higher extractions compared to other grinders such as the k30.

vr6tvw
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by vr6tvw »

Viernes wrote:The Peak more suitable for dark roasts?? It is not supposed to grind like an ek43 profile???
Not sure about the Peak vs. EK43 as i don't have a EK43 to compere, yet. :wink: