Niche Zero vs HG-1 - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
iploya

#11: Post by iploya »

I'm curious why the comparison between an electric grinder (Niche) and a manual (HG-1) rather than to the EG-1. Is it because the HG-1 is closer in price to the NZ?

maxbmello

#12: Post by maxbmello »

Probably because both are single dosing conical grinders, being somewhat similar in price.

EG 1 is a large flat in a completely different price bracket.

foam2

#13: Post by foam2 »

Is anyone currently making a motor package for the HG-1?

mkane
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by mkane »

pcrussell50

#15: Post by pcrussell50 »

foam2 wrote:Is anyone currently making a motor package for the HG-1?
There most certainly is. And I have one. It is uh-may-zing. Not a kit. Remove the crank. Remove two bolts in the base, add the motor, done. It's a speed controllable brushless DC motor. I have the WUG2 one. Delivered July last year. It was $550 plus about $100 shipping from Hong Kong. It's not made in a factory though. It's hand made by a guy who lives there. He only sells a few at a time in batches, then makes them and delivers them and then opens an order window again. Like Monolith. Only you can actually get one, (well, I have a Monolith too actually). Super refined, smooth, quiet, nearly silent when running without beans. Very high end user experience. Can't recommend it enough. And I have no problem at all hand cranking, either. This was mostly a bling upgrade.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

foam2

#16: Post by foam2 »

Peter is it from WUG2? If not can you send me a link? thank you.

pcrussell50

#17: Post by pcrussell50 replying to foam2 »

It is WUG2.

Quick clip:
Note: I don't use the LWW tumbler. I prefer the wide bottomed small jar you see in the video for mixing the grounds

-Peter
LMWDP #553

foam2

#18: Post by foam2 »

thank you

DaveB

#19: Post by DaveB »

Curious what RPM you've settled on if anything. The Monolith conical is set at 120 RPM.
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

pcrussell50

#20: Post by pcrussell50 replying to DaveB »

80 for the most. Now, these are 83mm Euro spec Robur burrs. So it may be that the grinding surface speeds are similar with the smaller MonCon burrs running at a faster speed?

-Peter
LMWDP #553