Niche Zero popcorning fix - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
truemagellen

#31: Post by truemagellen »

nonlinear wrote:Here it is on Thingiverse (not my work, just passing on the link):

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3871106

Is the slot feature on the Eureka part to engage with a key?
amazing the world we are living in, that was posted 6hrs ago...incredible!

Kran

#32: Post by Kran »

So what is it that allows the atom piece to work well on the Niche but not so well , in my opinion, on the atom? Possibly RPM differences or the wider area for the beans to distribute on the Niche compared to the narrow neck of the atom?

LObin

#33: Post by LObin »

For those who have 3D printed an auger or ordered the Eureka, did you use a lock washer like MB?
Or just a small hole for the key to lock it in place?
Or simply tighten the bolt a tad more?

I will be installing a 3D printed auger shortly so your inputs are welcomed!

Cheers!
LMWDP #592

bengee

#34: Post by bengee »

I'Ve anyone here is willing to print and extra order, i'd be happy to chip in for it. Even though the popcorning does not really bug me, i'm curious enough to try it out. Thanks! :)

LObin

#35: Post by LObin »

Was this a non-direct way to ask "un montréalais d'aider un Rimouskois...?" :wink:
LMWDP #592

nonlinear

#36: Post by nonlinear »

I 3D printed the part from Thingiverse. A number of Toronto area libraries have 3D printers that the public can use, it cost a whopping 45 cents and took about 25 minutes.

The part seems to work well and there is a significant reduction in the amount of coffee bits escaping past the lid. The bolt does eventually loosen up as described previously so at some point I'm going to draw up a V2 design with a hole to engage with the key.

DaveC

#37: Post by DaveC »

Kran wrote:So what is it that allows the atom piece to work well on the Niche but not so well , in my opinion, on the atom? Possibly RPM differences or the wider area for the beans to distribute on the Niche compared to the narrow neck of the atom?
RPM differences

DaveCSparty

#38: Post by DaveCSparty »

Installed the Atom disk tonight. Works pretty well and a good stop gap until the official solution comes out.

coffeeOnTheBrain

#39: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain »

@bas Thank you for the awesome idea! I had one of the Atom augers anyway and just threw them in my Niche :lol:

Ursego

#40: Post by Ursego »

Installed that mod. Feel no difference. Previously jumping beans hit the grinder lid, now they hit that "popcorn preventing detail". :lol: