Niche Zero grinder - Page 99

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Brother_Bluto

#981: Post by Brother_Bluto »

Mine came in today as well. I must say I am impressed with the build quality. Well thought out, feels solid and overall just looks like nice piece of machinery.

tohenk2

#982: Post by tohenk2 »

jtferraro wrote:Happy Birthday! I have to admit I'm intrigued by this slick little grinder. I'm sure it's been listed somewhere, but I couldn't locate it and was curious as to where these were made?

*Update: I just found a pic of the bottom of one over across the pond - China.

Thank you,
I just learned you are correct.

[Nope. Made in the UK.]=They were made in the UK. (Wellhome Pro from Hong Kong shared a booth on some shows before the production and seems to carry them, but I only know people buying them directly from Niche via Indiegogo.)

DaveC

#983: Post by DaveC »

tohenk2 wrote:Nope. Made in the UK. (Wellhome Pro from Hong Kong shared a booth on some shows before the production and seems to carry them, but I only know people buying them directly from Niche via Indiegogo.)
They were all made in the UK but they (fairly recently) moved all assembly out to a modern factory in HK. It should actually improve things and the bits are all the same, just where they are assembled. It's too much to be a "mom and pop" (is that the correct term) assembly line.

tohenk2

#984: Post by tohenk2 replying to DaveC »

Ah. Stands to reason.

Notnert

#985: Post by Notnert »

Just received mine yesterday unexpectedly. My original delivery date was 3/25. I was using a LIDO-E before so the Niche simplified my workflow a bit. Ground into the cup, flipped it on my basket in portafilter (not much static), WDT in basket, no spurting or channeling. I might try shaking the cup on the basket and skipping WDT all together to see if it makes a difference. Grinder setting at 17.5, 18g beans, 17.4g ground in, 37.2g out, first drop at ~11 seconds, 41 seconds total. It was a little too slow for me. Adjusted to 20 for my new brew, but won't get to it until Tuesday. =( Excited to keep messing around though!

ash4889

#986: Post by ash4889 »

Hi
I made another video this time I'm using the grind cup,
prefer doing it this way than grinding into the portafilter.

liquidmetal

#987: Post by liquidmetal »

I'm sitting here reading these posts, envious of you guys and your perfectly functioning Niches....

Moka 1 Cup

#988: Post by Moka 1 Cup replying to liquidmetal »

I watched your video. I don't understand if you changed the grind setting between the two shots.
Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

liquidmetal

#989: Post by liquidmetal replying to Moka 1 Cup »

I don't want to go into to much in this thread, since they put the other on cooldown until I talk to Martin, but no I did not change the grind setting.

mochamachineguy

#990: Post by mochamachineguy »

I've got a black NZ on order (3/21/19) and have had excellent pre-sale customer service from Niche regarding my many questions. I did ask Niche about the "slippage" issue and they said that it has been resolved by using stiffer burr springs in the new production. Mine is supposed to ship in April so I'll be able to experience all of the wonders of this high interest high value low retention grinder. Kind of weird that I'm a high retention type of person getting a low retention grinder! :)