Niche Zero grinder - Page 97

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
johnX

Postby johnX » Mar 15, 2019, 10:41 am

Just got an email from Niche on my January 14th order.
Niche Coffee Ltd <yourorder@dpdlocal.co.uk> "Your order from Niche Coffee Ltd has been dispatched"

It will probably still be a couple of weeks till it makes it to my home in USA.
John

jchung
Supporter ♡

Postby jchung » replying to johnX » Mar 15, 2019, 10:56 am

Typically takes about 1 week after you get your notice. Sign up for the FedEx/UPS delivery notifications on their website. Then you will know when it has been handed off to them and is scheduled for delivery.

TheN5OfOntario

Postby TheN5OfOntario » Mar 15, 2019, 11:05 am

Received my Niche Zero two days ago. Its everything it's cracked up to be. I'll be selling my Vario as fast as I can manage :)

TheN5OfOntario

Postby TheN5OfOntario » Mar 15, 2019, 12:17 pm

For other Canadians thinking of getting the Niche the way I did (by shipping to a friend in the U.S., and having them ship it to me)
My friends shipped to me via USPS, which gets handed over to Canada Post, and I wasn't hit with any import duties or taxes.

Tim.R

Postby Tim.R » Mar 15, 2019, 12:26 pm

TheN5OfOntario wrote:Received my Niche Zero two days ago. Its everything it's cracked up to be. I'll be selling my Vario as fast as I can manage :)

Awesome! Same here, just received my Niche in the mail. Pulled a quick shot and even though it ran way to long it tasted darn good (a lightly roasted Tanzanian coffee from 'The Barn'). Love the looks and the noise level. Also, the first shot had only 0.5 grams of retention (just like a lot of reviews suggested). Let's pull another couple of shots and see whether we can get down to almost zero. I'll keep ya updated whether its 'bye bye Mr. Mythos'. :mrgreen:

TheN5OfOntario

Postby TheN5OfOntario » replying to Tim.R » Mar 15, 2019, 12:29 pm

Yeah same here on the initial pulls and retention. I just weighted 20g, and got 20g out. Moving on from the Vario is a no brainer. Moving on from the Mythos... that's more of a fair fight :)

jasonmolinari

Postby jasonmolinari » Mar 15, 2019, 1:56 pm

Me too!! Mar 25 delivery. Doesnt seem to be going to a US distributor. Seems to be direct from niche.

jchung
Supporter ♡

Postby jchung » replying to jasonmolinari » Mar 15, 2019, 2:05 pm

It is direct from Niche. They have no distribution channels anywhere that I am aware of.

jasonmolinari

Postby jasonmolinari » replying to jchung » Mar 15, 2019, 2:59 pm

I thought i had read the US orders were shipped in bulk to a location in the US for shipping by fedex stateside.

jasonmolinari

Postby jasonmolinari » Mar 19, 2019, 10:25 pm

I just got a fedex notification of a 12lb box coming from Jamaica NY for delivery 3/21 original niche date was 3/25. Hope it's my niche!