Niche Zero grinder - Page 95

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
sweaner

#941: Post by sweaner »

ash4889 wrote:Hey Dave if you're not a member of the uk forum you cannot see the pictures?
Well, that sounds easy to remedy! Sign up!

That forum is quite interesting and helpful.
Scott
LMWDP #248

Thomas92024

#942: Post by Thomas92024 »

I have been a very happy NZ user for about three months and the only minor annoyance has been consistent transfer to my 54mm portafilter. I have tried a couple of different containers, a funnel and grinding directly into the basket, but keep coming back to the Niche cup. To solve the transfer and distribution, I made the adapter pictured below and it works great.

thefisch6

#943: Post by thefisch6 »

Thomas92024 wrote:I have been a very happy NZ user for about three months and the only minor annoyance has been consistent transfer to my 54mm portafilter. I have tried a couple of different containers, a funnel and grinding directly into the basket, but keep coming back to the Niche cup. To solve the transfer and distribution, I made the adapter pictured below and it works great.
<image>
<image>
That is awesome. I had heard they plan to eventually make grind cups of different diameters, but in the interim this is a great plan.

DaveC

#944: Post by DaveC »

Really like the adaptor, wish I had something like it for the 58mm portafilter...it's the ability to spin and distribute that really interests me. I was thinking of something flat and sprung that sits in the portafilter on edge...but this looks like it would work.

Quester

#945: Post by Quester replying to DaveC »

I was resistant at first, but I'm now using the Lyn Weber Blind Shaker. It took me a while to get used to it-for sure. It may be an option for the Niche.

Thomas92024

#946: Post by Thomas92024 »

DaveC wrote:Really like the adaptor, wish I had something like it for the 58mm portafilter...it's the ability to spin and distribute that really interests me. I was thinking of something flat and sprung that sits in the portafilter on edge...but this looks like it would work.
I can send you the 3D model, if you want to make one for your 58mm portafilter.

DaveC

#947: Post by DaveC replying to Thomas92024 »

Sadly I have not yet entered the Nirvana of 3 D printing and don't know anyone near me who has one....thanks for the offer though.

jchung
Supporter ♡

#948: Post by jchung replying to DaveC »

Maybe one of these might be close to you... https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... akerspaces

cimbalino

#949: Post by cimbalino »

Cheap ebay tumbler, just got it today.

jchung
Supporter ♡

#950: Post by jchung »

cimbalino wrote:Cheap ebay tumbler, just got it today.

<image>
When you get a chance... would you post a video? I'd be interested to see how it works out with the NZ.

Thanks!