Niche Zero grinder - Page 89

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ash4889

#881: Post by ash4889 »

All I wanted was a simple question answered, didn't ask or need anything more.........Trolls are everywhere now :evil: :evil: :evil:

rittem1

#882: Post by rittem1 replying to ash4889 »

I see no evidence of anyone trolling you. You are quite clearly in the March batch. These grinders aren't mass produced. You barely missed the February cutoff and that's unfortunate but Niche has been very clear in their communication and consistent with their delivery promises. They've had my money since December 22 so hopefully that puts it into perspective. They just updated that all grinders in the February batch have been shipped. Just try and be patient!
LMWDP #517

ArenaA

#883: Post by ArenaA »

rittem1 wrote: These grinders aren't mass produced.
I would say they are - https://www.wpm.hk/en/products_detail.php?id=592

How much NZ already delivered? 2k?
Is it possible to build all of them in your garage like they posted in their instagram?

randyr5
Supporter ♡

#884: Post by randyr5 replying to ArenaA »

Interesting. I thought they were only available through Indiegogo. $765 US + shipping is a bit steep, though.

ncrc51

#885: Post by ncrc51 »

Has anybody in the US in the February group received a shipping notice or their grinder? As others have reported, I show as "fulfilled" but no other information. Thanks.

TheN5OfOntario

#886: Post by TheN5OfOntario replying to ncrc51 »

I wasn't given my shipping info unprompted, I had to email them and ask.

rittem1

#887: Post by rittem1 replying to TheN5OfOntario »

And they gave you tracking info once you emailed them?
LMWDP #517

ncrc51

#888: Post by ncrc51 »

I just sent Niche an email asking if shipping info was available. Will post when I receive a response.

achosid

#889: Post by achosid »

achosid wrote:Hello all!

I currently have a 270Wi and am considering the NZ as my "upgrade" from it. I'm more than pleased with the quality in the cup of the Sette, but I do worry about the long term longevity. A couple of questions:

1) Has anyone done a side by side with a Sette and a NZ? I'd be interested to hear if it's actually better in the cup than the Sette.
2) How does the warranty work for American purchasers? Does it require the owner to pay for shipping to the UK during the 1 year period?
While I'm still interested to see a side by side with a Sette, I did reach out to Niche for an answer on warranty issues.

Their position is that issues can be fixed by parts, and they'll mail parts from the UK to the USA on their dime. Seems reasonable to me. I can't imagine there are many issues with this grinder that couldn't be remedied by parts: it doesn't seem there are that many parts to it (which is a good thing).
ArenaA wrote:I would say they are - https://www.wpm.hk/en/products_detail.php?id=592

How much NZ already delivered? 2k?
Is it possible to build all of them in your garage like they posted in their instagram?
For what it's worth, if you take the amount they've made on Indiegogo and divide it by the sales price, it's a bit over a thousand.

grover

#890: Post by grover »

achosid wrote:While I'm still interested to see a side by side with a Sette, I did reach out to Niche for an answer on warranty issues.

Their position is that issues can be fixed by parts, and they'll mail parts from the UK to the USA on their dime. Seems reasonable to me. I can't imagine there are many issues with this grinder that couldn't be remedied by parts: it doesn't seem there are that many parts to it (which is a good thing)
This is great to know. Other than the variance in settings from bean to bean and occasional grind shift, I don't have any real complaints with my Sette. I will be buying a NZ as I have a baby on the way and don't want to wake up the entire house during odd hours of the day when I need a caffeine fix being sleep deprived from the baby. So I sure hope it is much quieter than the Sette.