Niche Zero grinder - Page 78

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
rittem1

#771: Post by rittem1 »

Last Niche update had grinders set for February delivery to be shipped starting on 2/11. Has anyone with a February delivery received a shipping notice?
LMWDP #517

TheN5OfOntario

#772: Post by TheN5OfOntario »

Not yet...
(Edit: This applies to previous post, forgot to quote)

sweaner

#773: Post by sweaner »

Chris@R wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed already, I didn't go through this entire 77 page thread to check. :D

Q: Does anyone who already has their Niche and has worked with it notice that there is quite a bad static issue?
I am successfully using RDT to virtually eliminate the static. One small spritz with a spray bottle is all that it takes.
Scott
LMWDP #248

Chris@R

#774: Post by Chris@R »

Perfectly normal behavior for the NZ from my experience.
That's good to hear, I was thinking that I had a faulty model or something, since I remember reading somewhere that the Niche had been designed to have virtually no static. Which is not the case iwth my model. Apart from that it's pretty much flawless as far as I'm concerned, I'm loving working with it, makes my workflow so much smoother... and the grind quality seems to be great too. Getting super consistent shots.
I am successfully using RDT to virtually eliminate the static. One small spritz with a spray bottle is all that it takes.
I used that technique for years with a previous grinder and it worked a treat. Tried it with the niche but it did nothing. Perhaps I should try again. I'm loving that 'put a few drops of water on your beans' has it's own code name here, in honour of the 'inventor' :lol:

jerrymouse

#775: Post by jerrymouse »

rittem1 wrote:Last Niche update had grinders set for February delivery to be shipped starting on 2/11. Has anyone with a February delivery received a shipping notice?
Ya. With Monday delivery (17.2.). But I ordered right after January batch was gone.

dale_cooper

#776: Post by dale_cooper replying to jerrymouse »

That's good - i was one of the last "feb delivery" orders, I ordered January 4th. This wait has been tough - especially given that I believe January shipments went out early in the month whereas these are mid-month. Still waiting for my tracking number.

Meanwhile my apex grinder shipped so I'll be playing with that in the interim :twisted:

rittem1

#777: Post by rittem1 »

jerrymouse wrote:Ya. With Monday delivery (17.2.). But I ordered right after January batch was gone.
great to hear! my date was dec 22 so I am still waiting for my golden ticket, er shipping confirmation email...
LMWDP #517

liquidmetal

#778: Post by liquidmetal »

I'm checking my email every hour haha. Can't wait for the delivery...

iBrew

#779: Post by iBrew »

Do they not ship to Canada? Have any Canadians in here bought this grinder?

ash4889

#780: Post by ash4889 »

sweaner wrote:I am successfully using RDT to virtually eliminate the static. One small spritz with a spray bottle is all that it takes.
I thought Dave C said not to use that spray, Didn't he say it would clog up the machine?