Niche Zero grinder - Page 63

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Abnuceals

#621: Post by Abnuceals »

« C'est très bien!!! »
+1
LMWDP 389

HH

#622: Post by HH »

trunks235 wrote:after watching the video it looks like the grinds are a bit clumpy. Is this normal?
Hmm... not for me. I have almost consistently zero clumps across a wide variety of beans and roasts.

jchung
Supporter ♡

#623: Post by jchung »

trunks235 wrote:Cool holder, jchung!

Unrelated to that, after watching the video it looks like the grinds are a bit clumpy. Is this normal?
It depends on the beans and humidity. lighter roasts will be less clumpy. darker, oily roasts will be more clumpy. Lower humidity will mean more static and less clumps.

deed

#624: Post by deed »

Is the logo removable? Is it weird that the only thing off putting and making me step away from this purchase is the circle logo at the front

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#625: Post by baristainzmking »

trunks235 wrote: Unrelated to that, after watching the video it looks like the grinds are a bit clumpy. Is this normal?
I get almost no clumping with Niche. What I do find is that there is more static with lighter and medium roast and no static with darker roasts.
Julia

rockethead26

#626: Post by rockethead26 »

deed wrote:Is the logo removable? Is it weird that the only thing off putting and making me step away from this purchase is the circle logo at the front
This grinder is too good to let the logo stop you. You won't even pay attention to after a short while. I make about 4 espressos per day so I spend a total of about 2 minutes with it on a daily basis. What logo?

jchung
Supporter ♡

#627: Post by jchung »

deed wrote:Is the logo removable? Is it weird that the only thing off putting and making me step away from this purchase is the circle logo at the front
Buy the black one and cover the logo with black electrical tape.

ash4889

#628: Post by ash4889 replying to jchung »

I love the logo on it, It's just put their tastefully.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#629: Post by baristainzmking »

I have the black Niche and the logo looks kinda nice
Julia

HH

#630: Post by HH »

I think the logo looks good too - in the flesh it looks almost like it's been enameled.