Niche Zero grinder - Page 59

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
jchung

#581: Post by jchung »

ash4889 wrote:I have this set up already for when it comes, As you can see it's 3"in. high Do you think it will fit.

<image>
My 3D printed stand + funnel height is 83mm / 3.268". The diameter of the funnel is 76mm. It just fits when centered on the bolt.

hbn

#582: Post by hbn »

ash4889 wrote:I just placed the order for one, it said would be available in March. I can hardly wait to get it, hearing nothing but good thinks about it.
same, so excited! couldn't resist after all the positive feedback and supports from people in this thread. not to mention how many times niche zero already appears in the "best of 2018" thread

Advertisement
dale_cooper

#583: Post by dale_cooper »

I got in on the February batch... which apparently will ship mid February, its going to be tough to wait! In fact I looked at alternatives but its amazing how few of grinders put it all together like the Niche. Grind quality, no slippage, ability to grind for espresso and drip, single dosing with minimal retention, plus small footprint. It actually seems uncontested right now....

ash4889

#584: Post by ash4889 »

I went with the black one simply because I have a white granite counter tops, Also my espresso machine and electric kettle have black elements to them. I just sold my grinder yesterday got lucky and sold for $770, I just really want to get the NZ Because of the size and the fact that its single dose.

BlackCat

#585: Post by BlackCat »

Do we have detailed feedback about grind quality?

randyr5
Supporter ♡

#586: Post by randyr5 replying to BlackCat »

Grind quality is excellent. It uses large 63mm Mazzer Kony burrs.

TheN5OfOntario

#587: Post by TheN5OfOntario replying to randyr5 »

Has that been definitely confirmed? (and is that 'Burr Set A' in Dave C's review?)

Advertisement
TheN5OfOntario

#588: Post by TheN5OfOntario »

dale_cooper wrote:I got in on the February batch... which apparently will ship mid February, its going to be tough to wait! In fact I looked at alternatives but its amazing how few of grinders put it all together like the Niche. Grind quality, no slippage, ability to grind for espresso and drip, single dosing with minimal retention, plus small footprint. It actually seems uncontested right now....
Where did you hear the Feb Lot is shipping MID feb? I ask because I'm in that shipment lot too and I haven't heard a thing :)

DaveC

#589: Post by DaveC »

TheN5OfOntario wrote:Has that been definitely confirmed? (and is that 'Burr Set A' in Dave C's review?)
Definitely using Mazzer Kony Burrs (genuine)....they were the burr that passed all testing, including giving the best grind quality.

TheN5OfOntario

#590: Post by TheN5OfOntario replying to DaveC »

Brilliant. Thanks for the reply!