Niche Zero grinder - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
EddyQ

#31: Post by EddyQ »

I'm sure liking the looks of this grinder. Does anyone know if there will be a 125V/60Hz version?

Jared

#32: Post by Jared » replying to EddyQ »

From their FAQ:
8. Plugs and voltage for the Niche Zero Grinder?
UK contributors will be supplied with a Niche Zero Grinder fitted with a 230v/50Hz UK plug. Rest of European Union contributors will be supplied with a Niche Zero Grinder fitted with a 230v/50Hz Euro plug. USA contributors will be supplied with a Niche Zero Grinder fitted with a 120v/60Hz USA plug.

Fluffeepuff

#33: Post by Fluffeepuff »

Jared wrote:From their FAQ:
USA contributors will be supplied with a Niche Zero Grinder fitted with a 120v/60Hz USA plug.
Welp - I didn't notice that earlier... I was telling myself I would have to wait until after the campaign when they get their feet wet and they offer US versions. Honestly, I was just trying to delay until there was a different color option. But dammit. I might actually jump on this.
<*>---<

pj.walczak

#34: Post by pj.walczak »

So the campaign already started, here is the link:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nich ... x/17289669#/

There are still 141 left with 400 GBP price tag.
---

Pawel

sweaner
Supporter ♡

#35: Post by sweaner »

I see that the 30% off deal is already sold out!

I do desire this grinder but now may simply wait until they are in full production.
Scott
LMWDP #248

Fluffeepuff

#36: Post by Fluffeepuff » replying to sweaner »

Waking up at 0700 PST wasn't early enough to snag one of the first 50... :( I might do the same.
<*>---<

Tonefish

#37: Post by Tonefish »

sweaner wrote:I see that the 30% off deal is already sold out!

I do desire this grinder but now may simply wait until they are in full production.
Checked it early this morning and decided the same. 20% off for Beta testing isn't worth it to me.
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

randyh

#38: Post by randyh »

I happened to be doing a night shift at the hospital so I set a reminder and got on the site shortly after it went live and snagged one of the 50 30% off machines. After reading DaveC's review and watching his videos I knew I had to roll the dice on this grinder. I am a strictly single dose espresso maker. Other than the monolith, versalab, and Titus I know of no other grinder designed for single dosing on the market. Given the average price of these three grinders I certainly didn't expect to see one come out for $500 shipped! And with commercial titan conical burrs and proven minimal retention. It is certainly a risk going with a crowd fund as you don't know how the quality control will be. If I were a highly experienced and discerning espresso connesueir I'd go with a monolith but I am far from and looking to move along in my espresso journey without breaking the bank. For me it is a risk worth taking. If/when I get my hands on the Niche I'll report back on my experience with it.

double0

#39: Post by double0 » replying to randyh »

Thank you for bringing back this point. Many experts are nit picking each possible flaw of this unit with a equal idea in mind, comparing it to the top shelf grinders BUT they all seem to "pff" pass the price range? Sure, the have it all grinder will be pricy but does it have you be in the grands?

You dont have to be an accountant to put a couple of number together to narrow the picture but to re-emphasise the question, if the main concern as it has been discussed thus far being retention worth the price?

0.6gram "true" retention worth (2,470 versalab - 650niche = $1,820 ) ??

Sure, we can go talk about the motor size, general durability, but at the same time are we going to run it as an industrial unit?

To be fair, i must say im not a big fan of this units general design (asthetic) nor the quality as we can see from afar but maybe the name does say it all?
For the price range, it might be the best grinder for your money??

ok, all im saying is to give this little guy a try and allow it to help make the change in market for a better retail grinder and possibly bring down the price of the mighty top shelf.

renatoa

#40: Post by renatoa »

randyh wrote:...Other than the monolith, versalab, and Titus I know of no other grinder designed for single dosing on the market. ...
Check Honne by Hedone thread, it's a Versalab inspired model, not clone, still the price is double than Niche Zero, but double system conical/flat 68 mm burrs and you can buy right now.