Niche Zero grinder - Page 276

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
debuggr

#2751: Post by debuggr »

Mech33 wrote:Well that erroneous 2pm GMT 24-hour email yesterday was really a gift for any US folks on the East Coast that were already well-awake to see the correction email go out at 5am PST / 8am EST, with stock actually going live at 6am PST / 9am EST instead of the assumed 7am PST based on their communication.
I'm happy for you and all the Eastern Time folks, but since we're talking about a problem w/ time zones related to DST, I'll point out that you want to be using EDT/PDT here, not EST/PST.

Also, as someone in PDT who logged on at 06:55 PDT to get ready for this ... big sigh. There's always next time.
LMWDP #684

Uggghhh

#2752: Post by Uggghhh »

I just happened to wake up at 550 am PST, saw the e mail, still couldn't get it. That thing literally sells out the moment it goes live. I had 10 windows open all refreshing =)

Advertisement
Mech33

#2753: Post by Mech33 »

debuggr wrote:I'm happy for you and all the Eastern Time folks, but since we're talking about a problem w/ time zones related to DST, I'll point out that you want to be using EDT/PDT here, not EST/PST.

Also, as someone in PDT who logged on at 06:55 PDT to get ready for this ... big sigh. There's always next time.
Oh I wish I was one of the Eastern time folks... I'm on the west coast and set my alarm for 30 minutes before 2pm *GMT*, like the only email from Niche I had in my possession read when I sent to sleep. I woke up at 6:30am to find a new email from 5am local time now stating it was 1 hour away at 2pm *UK* time, and everything was already sold out.

Sportnoy

#2754: Post by Sportnoy »

Uggghhh wrote:it sold out US in like 1 min
I got mine at around 6:40 . although I was loading the page all 40 minutes without any result

SL28

#2755: Post by SL28 »

I was lucky enough to get one in the previous round (April shipment, still waiting). Today I'm only here to see whether the situations is comparable to last time. Apparently it is. I must say that I find it kind of incredible that such a 'niche' product temporarily knocks out the whole Indigogo platform. Either there is demand in the tens of thousands for this grinder (this is really incredible!), or Indigogo's infrastructure is really sub-par - or both.

The real bottleneck is of course the supply of the grinder itself, still, the ordering-experience through Indigogo contributes to the frustration and I think Niche should really change its partner here.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#2756: Post by baristainzmking »

Niche is giving the Monolith preorders a run for its money. Although to be honest, I have always been lucky and had no issues ordering the Monolith....
Julia

cjhacker23

#2757: Post by cjhacker23 »

I had no trouble ordering a Kafatek grinder. The process was very orderly. Yes, you had to have subscribe to their mailing list and be there on the ordering page at the right day and time and have filled out your info ahead of time and yes all models sold out within a few minutes, but I did all those things and was successful. With this company, I did all the right things, and still was unable to snag one.

Advertisement
HB
Admin

#2758: Post by HB »

To avoid two threads becoming a complaint gathering, I moved some posts from this thread to Niche Zero Order Placement Fiasco.
Dan Kehn

pfa

#2759: Post by pfa »

How does one subscribe to the stock update emails? I'm subscribed to the campaign updates, but it doesn't come from there.

jcmonty

#2760: Post by jcmonty »

https://www.nichecoffee.co.uk/

Scroll to the bottom, and they have an email mailer sign-up. I get the notices from them this way, but fortunately, I got in on the April batch which is supposedly shipping out in the next week or two.