Niche Zero grinder - Page 259

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Willinak

#2581: Post by Willinak »

Whew, got in under the wire this time! :mrgreen:

Don Task

#2582: Post by Don Task »

White ... 235 units... gone in the blink of an eye. I feel bad for the folks on the west coast just waking up to discover they missed out again :( (unless they want a black one in which case they may still have a chance)
Krups, then Silvia, then Livia 90, then a Techno! Does it ever end? [sigh]

Jefe

#2583: Post by Jefe »

Yeah, that was pretty impressive how fast the white version sold. It was down to one and within a page refresh the thing was gone. I'm not clean enough for a white anything. :lol:

Don Task

#2584: Post by Don Task »

Personally I love mine in black. The gloss black finish with the oak wood tones will accent any beautiful espresso machine... whereas I feel the white ones look like "just another kitchen appliance" (but that's just one mans opinion) :oops:

Don Task

#2585: Post by Don Task »

Jefe wrote:Yeah, that was pretty impressive how fast the white version sold. It was down to one and within a page refresh the thing was gone. I'm not clean enough for a white anything. :lol:
Hmmm ... there may still be a "slim" change for a few members to snag a white one. The website had been showing all 235 white units were sold out for a good 10 minutes or so... then the available quantity started changing. Showed one available...then a few seconds later it said two. Kept fluctuating back to 1 available. Was surprised at how long that one showed as being available. Eventually it changed to sold out again, then I noticed the total units available changed 235 to 316. It appears they added another 81 units to the batch and were selling in increments of one available until they were depleted. ... I'd keep checking just in case they slip a couple more in.

grind727

#2586: Post by grind727 »

Aaaaagh. I clicked on it when it said there was one white one left. By the time I entered in my payment information it said "no longer available."

Got a black one.

Thanks for letting us know they are available.
LMWDP #717

Don Task

#2587: Post by Don Task replying to grind727 »

Although not ideal... if you really want a white one... the housing of the Niche all metal (cast aluminum) and they make a lot of durable high quality paints in a multitude of colors. I've already had mine apart (just out of curiosity)and although I didn't paint mine it would be easy enough to do.

grind727

#2588: Post by grind727 »

Don Task wrote:Although not ideal... if you really want a white one... the housing of the Niche is plastic and they make a lot of durable high quality paints specifically for plastic. I've already had mine apart (just out of curiosity). Although I didn't paint mine it would be easy enough to do.
Good to know. Maybe I will at some point. Hot pink maybe? :D
LMWDP #717

Eres

#2589: Post by Eres »

Don Task wrote:.. the housing of the Niche is plastic .
Isn't it aluminium?

pezzi

#2590: Post by pezzi »

Don Task wrote:Personally I love mine in black. The gloss black finish with the oak wood tones will accent any beautiful espresso machine... whereas I feel the white ones look like "just another kitchen appliance" (but that's just one mans opinion) :oops:
It's a good point. As a woodworker who is not a big fan of oak, and sitting on a stash of nice hardwoods, I have a way to fix that :D (turned my first portafilter handle yesterday).