Niche Zero grinder - Page 258

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
grind727

#2571: Post by grind727 »

Jefe wrote:Oh how frustrating!! I have been watching every day for over two weeks and today is the one day I didn't look at all...already sold out of US orders, wow! Thank you guys for posting updates I really appreciate it...even if I missed it. Was starting to think they were never going to update more :D
Same here, so I also really appreciate the availability postings.

I just looked at eBay and it appears that a few buttheads are buying up a number at a time to resell.
LMWDP #717

kaptain_zero

#2572: Post by kaptain_zero »

I'm pretty sure all I did was sign up for the newsletter on Nichecoffee's website (bottom of the home page) as I got a heads up email a day or so before a new batch went up on Indiegogo at 3AM my local time in Canada. I sucked it up and waited until the wee hours and managed to snag one for delivery in February. :mrgreen:

There were 240 available to US/CAN and they sold out in less than 11 hours. While I was very tired in the morning, I was at least a confirmed purchaser!

As for what I'm doing in the meantime, well.... I have a Baratza Sette 270 that works well enough. I think I'll keep it as a spare. I do have both burrs for it, so it can be used for drip and french press as well as espresso. I really should sell it, and if the Niche leaves me hanging, I could always buy a Baratza Encore until the Niche gets repaired.

DiminishedSeventh

#2573: Post by DiminishedSeventh »

Yep, your best bet is to sign up for their newsletter. You'll get an email a day or two before they drop the next batch on IGG.

beer&mathematics

#2574: Post by beer&mathematics »

I didn't get the newsletter. I am getting so much email during Covid I don't check my spam, or promotion mailboxes so I might have gotten it but it didn't get sent to my mail mailbox.

Luckily, for me, I checked the IGG website everyday in the morning (had tabs open on phone to re-fresh daily). This worked for me and I was able to order it in the early morning (CA time...which was probably a few hours after they were posted in UK time).

YMMV
LMWDP #431

Jefe

#2575: Post by Jefe »

Grinders for US orders both in white or black are available in fairly large quantities right now on the Indegogo page. Finally picked mine up and I'm not 100% sure what I'm more excited about....having the grinder OR not needing to refresh that page 3,000 times per second. :lol:

Good luck getting yours and a big "Thank you!" For all the advice and heads up along the way on this thread.

DiminishedSeventh

#2576: Post by DiminishedSeventh »

Just got this email:

New stock of US (White and black) and more EU (Black only) models are now available to pre order for February 2021 delivery.

Don Task

#2577: Post by Don Task »

Get'em while they're hot! > Indiegogo link
Krups, then Silvia, then Livia 90, then a Techno! Does it ever end? [sigh]

pezzi

#2578: Post by pezzi »

Just ordered mine in white/US - can't wait for February!

Jefe

#2579: Post by Jefe replying to pezzi »

Nice! Only 35 left of the white ones crazy how fast they sell. Congrats!

Don Task

#2580: Post by Don Task »

White version... Going... going... :shock:
Krups, then Silvia, then Livia 90, then a Techno! Does it ever end? [sigh]