Niche Zero grinder - Page 237

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
dsc106

#2361: Post by dsc106 »

Any reason at all to consider the Eureka Speciliata over the NZ if I am single dosing?

mkane
Supporter ♡

#2362: Post by mkane »

violin_geek123 wrote:Can't wait to get my Niche in July! Echoing the people above - I have a Cafelat Robot and love it. Currently paired with my Helor 101 but can't wait to get the NZ and give my arms a break!
We use the Niche 4 times a day, the HG 1 twice that much. I'll be hand grinding into my 80's.

Sgoldberg89

#2363: Post by Sgoldberg89 »

Does the NZ still use Mazzer burrs? I can't find a reference to their burrs on the site anywhere. I know they did initially, hope that hasn't changed (though I guess I wouldn't care if it's the same thing).

mtbizzle

#2364: Post by mtbizzle »

Regarding NZ for pour over, french press, etc -- the 'all in one' grinder purpose v.s. espresso only.

See many comments saying -- Muddy pour over. Too many fines. Not ideal for grinding outside of espresso range.

Others say it is great. Scott Rao apparently said on IG he uses it for this.

Does the Hoffman regrind method improve grind quality for PO, FP, etc?

Is there any consensus on NZ for pour over, coarser grinds at this point?
"All people by nature desire to know" -Aristotle

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#2365: Post by baristainzmking »

dsc106 wrote:Any reason at all to consider the Eureka Speciliata over the NZ if I am single dosing?
Nope, not a one!
Julia

splashalot

#2366: Post by splashalot »

dsc106 wrote:Any reason at all to consider the Eureka Speciliata over the NZ if I am single dosing?
Yes there is. If you prefer the flat burr flavour get the Eureka.

ManualEspresso

#2367: Post by ManualEspresso »

Just thought I would chime in with my experience of the Niche Zero that I received about 2 weeks ago.
Coming from a Quamar M80, the Niche Zero gave a drastic improvement in the quality of my espresso on my Pavoni Europiccolo. I was pleasantly surprised as I was expecting a more modest improvement. In addition, it is a pleasure to use in terms of workflow, compared to a manual doser.

The only downside I see is that my espresso intake has increased significantly..

silkypull

#2368: Post by silkypull »

man.. reading this thread is killing me while i wait for my NZ to be delivered in Sept.
for those of you that are enjoying your NZ... any thoughts about this? i saw in a separate thread about how the NZ grinder needs to go through some seasoning first?

Niche Zero - espresso troubleshooting
LMWDP #663

belegnole

#2369: Post by belegnole replying to silkypull »

All new burrs need to be "seasoned" or broken in.
LMWDP #641

Freddofl

#2370: Post by Freddofl »

On the topic of seasoning burrs, what would be a good cheap option to buy a few pounds and run them through?