Niche Zero grinder - Page 231

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Haskens

#2301: Post by Haskens »

adamweld wrote:Anyone have any tips on getting all of the coffee out of the dosing cup? I've been having a good amount cling to the sides and rim.
Just give the coffee cup a sharp rap on the edge of your countertop. It'll all come out cleanly.

afainber

#2302: Post by afainber »

Has anyone replaced the wooden parts of their Niche Zero with stainless steel equivalents?

The entire color scheme of my coffee area is blacked and brushed steel and the wooden parts look out of place.

Any suggestions will be welcome!

luvmy40

#2303: Post by luvmy40 replying to afainber »

I haven't seen any in SS but check out the second post in this thread: Finishing Niche Zero oak base and legs

Pogo007

#2304: Post by Pogo007 »

sweaner wrote:A quick RDT spritz of water will do the trick, and will not hurt the grinder from my experience.
For what it's worth Dave Corbey claims that you should not spritz water and that it will hurt this grinder.

MiamiVice

#2305: Post by MiamiVice »

Hey, whats up folks! I'm new to the forums and was drawn to this thread which then led me to the indiegogo campaign for this grinder, only to discover it takes about 2 months to receive! Is there any way to get the grinder sooner? I ask because I wanted to gift one to my father for Father's Day but I obviously won't make the cut by going through the campaign. Just curious if there's another way even paying up to $100 over retail to ensure I get one on time. Thanks guys!

spearfish25

#2306: Post by spearfish25 »

Your only options are finding one for sale privately to have by Father's Day. Slow Pour sells them for about $70 more than Indiegogo and seems to have monthly batches. That would get you one much quicker but the May sale just happened last week.

RDT isn't good for the Niche. I was using frozen beans straight from the freezer. The little bit of condensation was enough to causing the grinds to clump in the bottom of the chamber and cake on the burr edges. Zero moisture added works best in my experience. Grinding into the dosing cup is key. Going straight to the PF sometimes works and is sometimes a mess.

DaveC

#2307: Post by DaveC »

Pogo007 wrote:For what it's worth Dave Corbey claims that you should not spritz water and that it will hurt this grinder.
Well it won't hurt it but it will reduce its ability to give minimum retention and exchange!

Nick Name

#2308: Post by Nick Name »

Haskens wrote:Just give the coffee cup a sharp rap on the edge of your countertop. It'll all come out cleanly.
Actually it will not work that way if there's lots of static or coffee grease residue.

It will eventually leave marks on the countertop and the grind cup though. :wink:

prof_stack

#2309: Post by prof_stack »

spearfish25 wrote:...
RDT isn't good for the Niche. I was using frozen beans straight from the freezer. The little bit of condensation was enough to causing the grinds to clump in the bottom of the chamber and cake on the burr edges. Zero moisture added works best in my experience. Grinding into the dosing cup is key. Going straight to the PF sometimes works and is sometimes a mess.
I don't freeze the beans, and living in the AZ desert's dry climate, I use a spritzer, one squirt, before closing the lid and grinding.
LMWDP #010

spearfish25

#2310: Post by spearfish25 »

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean RDT on frozen beans. I was just using my frozen beans with some condensation as a similar situation to any beans sprayed with water. The Niche doesn't love the moisture from my personal experience.