Niche Zero grinder - Page 208

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
jwCrema
Supporter ❤

#2071: Post by jwCrema »

I ordered a NZ a couple of days ago. It shipped from the company to the Portsmouth station.

I've had sailboat parts from Portsmouth arrive in Idaho in 4 days, and espresso parts from Switzerland consistently take 6 weeks. I tracked the Swiss package delays to Customs in NJ.

The NZ says it will arrive on April 6th. We'll see what happens.

Suvartet

#2072: Post by Suvartet »

Just installed the NFC disk.
Can confirm what DaveC mentioned in his video.
Currently running about 4 dots finer.

It's a lot cleaner without the popcorning which is nice. No more random shards of coffee on the outside dial.

prof_stack

#2073: Post by prof_stack »

The NZ with disk ground 33g later today. It did take longer than usual. There was a little popcorning before all the beans were under the plate.

No big deal, just thought I'd toss this out. very happy with the NZ and now also with the disk.
LMWDP #010

Javier

#2074: Post by Javier »

baristainzmking wrote:Mine must be on a slow boat from China... :lol: it is not here yet and I order as soon as I received the email.
Same here. Mine was shipped March 17th.
LMWDP #115

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#2075: Post by baristainzmking »

The slow boat from China came in today!! Off to install it!!
Julia

rockethead26

#2076: Post by rockethead26 »

Just got the disk and installed it. Looks like about 1 3/4 notches finer on my Niche to get the same flow rate. I'll need one or two more tries to get the grind setting exactly where I want it. I like it so far as the grinding seems quieter and I no longer need to use a single basket under the lid to help with the popcorning.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#2077: Post by baristainzmking »

I installed the disk and used it with my larger doses for pourover and not sure I like it. It works good for espresso shots, but with 30 to 34 grams for large pour overs it seems to labor and take too long. Has anyone noticed that?
Julia

ira
Team HB

#2078: Post by ira »

If there are enough threads left, you might try putting a few washers under the disk to raise it up a bit. That may allow more beans underneath which might solve your complaint and still stop the popcorning.

Ira

prof_stack

#2079: Post by prof_stack »

baristainzmking wrote:I installed the disk and used it with my larger doses for pourover and not sure I like it. It works good for espresso shots, but with 30 to 34 grams for large pour overs it seems to labor and take too long. Has anyone noticed that?
Yes, I noticed that yesterday and today for 32g loads. The motor doesn't labor, but it seems as if the beans are sometimes slow to get under the disk.
LMWDP #010

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#2080: Post by baristainzmking replying to prof_stack »

On my husband's darker roasted beans (he only drinks medium-dark roasts) they wouldn't feed at all. Until I figure out the shims for this, the disk is out. If it ain't broke..
Julia