Niche Zero grinder - Page 208

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
prof_stack
Supporter ♡

#2071: Post by prof_stack »

The NFC disk arrived yesterday. I had some trouble, at first, getting the 10mm bolt loosened.

What worked was to use a ratchet wrench. A firm whack on the wrench easily loosened the nut.

It doesn't seem to slow down the grind much and might be easier on the burrs since the beans go into the burrs in a somewhat more consistent rate.
LMWDP #010

baristainzmking
Supporter ❤

#2072: Post by baristainzmking »

Mine must be on a slow boat from China... :lol: it is not here yet and I order as soon as I received the email.
Julia

belegnole

#2073: Post by belegnole » replying to baristainzmking »

Mine has been in transit from the original shipping company to the usps for the last 8 days. Of course it might get here before they get it.... lol

Love the usps tracking
LMWDP #641

jwCrema
Supporter ❤

#2074: Post by jwCrema »

I ordered a NZ a couple of days ago. It shipped from the company to the Portsmouth station.

I've had sailboat parts from Portsmouth arrive in Idaho in 4 days, and espresso parts from Switzerland consistently take 6 weeks. I tracked the Swiss package delays to Customs in NJ.

The NZ says it will arrive on April 6th. We'll see what happens.

Suvartet

#2075: Post by Suvartet »

Just installed the NFC disk.
Can confirm what DaveC mentioned in his video.
Currently running about 4 dots finer.

It's a lot cleaner without the popcorning which is nice. No more random shards of coffee on the outside dial.

prof_stack
Supporter ♡

#2076: Post by prof_stack »

The NZ with disk ground 33g later today. It did take longer than usual. There was a little popcorning before all the beans were under the plate.

No big deal, just thought I'd toss this out. very happy with the NZ and now also with the disk.
LMWDP #010

Javier

#2077: Post by Javier »

baristainzmking wrote:Mine must be on a slow boat from China... :lol: it is not here yet and I order as soon as I received the email.
Same here. Mine was shipped March 17th.
LMWDP #115

baristainzmking
Supporter ❤

#2078: Post by baristainzmking »

The slow boat from China came in today!! Off to install it!!
Julia

rockethead26

#2079: Post by rockethead26 »

Just got the disk and installed it. Looks like about 1 3/4 notches finer on my Niche to get the same flow rate. I'll need one or two more tries to get the grind setting exactly where I want it. I like it so far as the grinding seems quieter and I no longer need to use a single basket under the lid to help with the popcorning.

baristainzmking
Supporter ❤

#2080: Post by baristainzmking »

I installed the disk and used it with my larger doses for pourover and not sure I like it. It works good for espresso shots, but with 30 to 34 grams for large pour overs it seems to labor and take too long. Has anyone noticed that?
Julia