Niche Zero grinder - Page 201

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
emradguy
Supporter ♡

#2001: Post by emradguy »

DaveC wrote:Yes it does.
(in response to whether the NZ now ships with the NFC disc)

I find this interesting because, I just emailed them asking if they were working on something like the Eureka Atom auger mod people are doing, and this was the reply I got just an hour or so ago...

"We are working on our own model and it will be available at some point next month. Have all the details closer to the time."
LMWDP #748

Smomin24

#2002: Post by Smomin24 replying to emradguy »

That is interesting.. I got my niche zero ~3-4 weeks ago from a local distributor and mine came with the NFC disc. I think the owner told me they were going to officially release it a week after I bought it but she hooked me up anyways

MikeTheBlueCow

#2003: Post by MikeTheBlueCow »

emradguy wrote:(in response to whether the NZ now ships with the NFC disc)

I find this interesting because, I just emailed them asking if they were working on something like the Eureka Atom auger mod people are doing, and this was the reply I got just an hour or so ago...

"We are working on our own model and it will be available at some point next month. Have all the details closer to the time."
I think they just mean the NFC will be available as a standalone item for existing NZ owners. They pushed them out on the new machines, but have yet to offer the item to existing owners...

mkane
Supporter ♡

#2004: Post by mkane »

How often do you folks clean this unit. We grind 15g 6 times daily.

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#2005: Post by emradguy »

MikeTheBlueCow wrote:I think they just mean the NFC will be available as a standalone item for existing NZ owners. They pushed them out on the new machines, but have yet to offer the item to existing owners...

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm looking forward to getting one.
LMWDP #748

MikeTheBlueCow

#2006: Post by MikeTheBlueCow »

mkane wrote:How often do you folks clean this unit. We grind 15g 6 times daily.
Beyond a quick bellows before each use, I haven't found a need to open mine up to brush out in over a month now. Similar to my hand grinder, with such low retention and low exchange, there just isn't an impact on taste even if you don't clean for months. I believe the instruction booklet provides a suitable timeline and process for cleanings. The only concern, other than taste, is coffee dust working itself into regions of the grinder you don't want it to, and more frequent cleaning will help minimize that. So I would say to clean it at least as frequently as the guide suggests, and more if you prefer.

Spitz.me

#2007: Post by Spitz.me »

mkane wrote:How often do you folks clean this unit. We grind 15g 6 times daily.

I've yet to calibrate or clean it and I've had it since July 2019 or so. I just have not noticed a need.
LMWDP #670

thusband

#2008: Post by thusband »

How long is the power cord? I think the manual says 90cm but mine's about half that. I've pushed it back in a few times but it hasn't made any difference. I certainly don't want to pull too hard. Fortunately the outlet is close by but that might not be the case all the time. Do I need to remove the base? I've only had the unit for a few days.

DaveC

#2009: Post by DaveC replying to thusband »

It might be a little stuck in the base, pull it out more, it should come out....if not remove the wooden part by undoing the allen bolt under the grind cup holder and see if the cord is jammed in the storage area.

thusband

#2010: Post by thusband replying to DaveC »

It was stuck. I removed the allen bolt and the wooden base and I could see the cord tangled up. I think I curled it back up properly.

What concerns me, though, is this little spring wrapped around a tie wrap (photo) that popped out from somewhere. I have no idea where as I wasn't expecting it at all. The unit still works but does it belong somewhere?