Niche Zero grinder - Page 148

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Abecker

#1471: Post by Abecker »

For those that bought the niche zero, were there any foreign transactions fees charged from your credit card since the purchase is done in GBP?

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#1472: Post by baristainzmking replying to Abecker »

None
Julia

Orcasite

#1473: Post by Orcasite »

Whether or not there is a "foreign exchange fee" is entirely dependent upon the specifics fees association with your credit card. All credit card companies can charge such a fee, but some waive it for particular cards. You should call your bank (or read the fine print!) to see if the card you intend to use will incur such a fee. For a purchase around $600-700, if the fee is charged, it should be about $20.

iploya

#1474: Post by iploya »

I did not notice such a fee. If it helps, my total charge on Amex shipped to Texas, USA was $689.67.

Orcasite

#1475: Post by Orcasite »

The foreign exchange fee, if charged, will appear on your credit card bill as a separate charge, not as part of the specific amount for the item itself.

5280grindz

#1476: Post by 5280grindz »

it was ~$14 for my NZ purchase but waived.

iploya

#1477: Post by iploya »

OK, so what's the worst that can happen if I leave this plugged in? A few milliwatts of energy consumption by the red light? I left this plugged in for over a week and so far nothing.

youss1988

#1478: Post by youss1988 »

Which grind setting do you guys use for espresso?
and how many grams of coffee for a single (and how much for a double shot)?

Lilybell2

#1479: Post by Lilybell2 replying to youss1988 »

I don't do singles, just doubles. 20g in 40g out. Setting is usually between 18 and 19. It's 19 right now for 4-day post-roast beans. That said, my 19 is in all likelihood not going to be the same as your 19.

iploya

#1480: Post by iploya »

I'm down to almost 10 on the unitless dot scale. 18g in, 30g out well under 30s. I am careful to keep calibrated so no sure why so low.

(I know the scale is arbitrary and unit-less. But I wonder why it would vary that much from one unit to another.)