Niche Zero grinder - Page 147

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
mianor

#1461: Post by mianor »

Btw, anyone knows what's the point of the circular shaped wood thingy that you are supposed to put on top of the wooden base? Why is it there? What's the use case? And why is it not glued or screwed together to the base?

bengee

#1462: Post by bengee replying to mianor »

That is the cup holder. Its removable so that you can dump the fallen coffe into the compost bin. At least that is what I use it for! :?

Advertisement
iploya

#1463: Post by iploya »

leonelbego wrote:Yes, all of those metal dosing cups are dishwasher safe.
But do you really need a dishwasher to clean a metal cup that only touches dry coffee grounds?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
★ Helpful

ash4889

#1464: Post by ash4889 replying to iploya »

I don't think I've ever put my cup in water, polish it with a microfiber towel every week.

mianor

#1465: Post by mianor »

bengee wrote:That is the cup holder. Its removable so that you can dump the fallen coffe into the compost bin. At least that is what I use it for! :?
Hehehe, I figured out this the hard way first time I turned on the machine. I used the cup to measure out exactly 18 grams of coffee, dumped the beans inside the grinder and with the cup in my hand I turned on the grinder... The cup holder was actually very useful that moment :oops: :P

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#1466: Post by baristainzmking replying to mianor »

You will only do this once. ;)
Julia

leonelbego

#1467: Post by leonelbego »

iploya wrote:But do you really need a dishwasher to clean a metal cup that only touches dry coffee grounds?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hehe :) I was only answering a question! Haha

Advertisement
belegnole

#1468: Post by belegnole »

lol, anything that regularly comes in contact with roasted or ground coffee is going to need to be cleaned. I'd probably want to wash the cup myself every so often.
LMWDP #641

Nick Name

#1469: Post by Nick Name »

While I don't really need a dishwasher to clean my catch cup, as long as it is safe to put it in the dishwasher (which I already had before I got my Niche and the catch cup), I do put the catch cup in there once in a while, when I use that handy machine to do all my other dishes. :wink:

It also helps to get rid of some minor grinds sticking to the cup as well (without any extra effort at all).

Lilybell2

#1470: Post by Lilybell2 »

baristainzmking wrote:You will only do this once. ;)
Unfortunately, this is not necessarily true. :oops: (Do not ask me how I know this.)