Received mine today too! 3 business days ahead of schedule.
Totally different espresso results than my E6P SSP flat burr grinder. I did not realize it would be that big of a difference. Tried 4 shots of Teodoro's Italian Roast, at grinder settings 18, 17, then 16 (the dot scale). I need further experimentation to dial in but here are my initial impressions (and many things I did not expect).
- Looks better on my counter, more proportional to the BDB than my hopper grinder. It makes more sense for a home unit. I would be happy to make this my primary unit, if I end up liking the in-cup flavor at least as well.
- Workflow easier than expected. I don't feel like I need a PF holder.
- Quiet as advertised - not whisper quiet, but a nice, gentle, deep but low humming.
- Massive crema (almost too much), very light and fluffy, deep reddish brown; 18g in and ranging from upper 20s to lower 30s out in just under 30s. Similar parameters to where my E6P was dialed in on same beans but totally different appearance and flavor.
- ... unfortunately increasingly bitter down to 16, so maybe that's the excess crema, or I may need to dial back my pre-infusion settings when using this grinder (currently 10s at 67%).
- Flow from bottomless PF is prettier! Looks more like I have seen in the videos.
- Easy clean up, I somehow missed the part in the reviews that the wood base just lifts off so you can dump it and return it.