Niche Zero grinder - Page 141

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Moka 1 Cup

#1401: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

jasonmolinari wrote:....

The first one is the "quiet" version, with the "noise" kind of barely coming and going in it.

The second is a video with the "noise" persistent.

1st:
2nd:
Anyone have any idea what it might be, and which the "normal" sound is?

thanks!
This is mine:
Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

jasonmolinari

#1402: Post by jasonmolinari »

hrm i dunno...they all do sound pretty similar :)

I'll shoot the manufacturer a quick email. Sounds are hard to communicate over email/videos.

samuellaw178
Supporter ♡

#1403: Post by samuellaw178 »

At some point, the pitch/noise that my Niche Zero makes changed suddenly as well. Agree that it probably came from the internal, maybe the gears? I've been keeping an eye on it since that but it's not failing or anything. Probably not too much of a concern unless it's followed by a failure.

On a separate note, I also notice that line voltage fluctuation seemed to affect the sound (and by inference the RPM).

TV33

#1404: Post by TV33 »

Hello,
I also had a change of sound for a while, a kind of whistling; for now it's gone.

DaveC

#1405: Post by DaveC »

samuellaw178 wrote:On a separate note, I also notice that line voltage fluctuation seemed to affect the sound (and by inference the RPM).
It's a DC motor so line voltage would affect the RPM a small amount and therefore any resonance patterns. AC motors speed is controlled by frequency - slip and DC motors speed is controlled by voltage.

patmiller20

#1406: Post by patmiller20 »

I'm ready to pull the trigger on my NZ but we have a problem with porch theft in our neighborhood and I'm hoping someone will share their experience with shipping to the United States. Is a signature required or is it merely left on the porch? Which company provides delivery? Can I just pick it up at their hub? Thanks so much.

truemagellen

#1407: Post by truemagellen replying to patmiller20 »

Friend ordered one. Arrived in USA using Fedex as the final delivery. No signature required. So left out yes.

Have it shipped to a Fedex shipping store/kinkos I think they do so for free or maybe $5 (ups store offers this too)

jchung

#1408: Post by jchung »

patmiller20 wrote:I'm ready to pull the trigger on my NZ but we have a problem with porch theft in our neighborhood and I'm hoping someone will share their experience with shipping to the United States. Is a signature required or is it merely left on the porch? Which company provides delivery? Can I just pick it up at their hub? Thanks so much.
Mine was delivered by FedEx and IIRC was left on the porch. Sign up for FedEx delivery manager (or whatever their service is called) and FedEx should notify you when a package has been scheduled to be delivered to your address. I think you should then be able to go online and give them alternate instructions for delivery.

patmiller20

#1409: Post by patmiller20 »

truemagellen wrote:Friend ordered one. Arrived in USA using Fedex as the final delivery. No signature required. So left out yes.

Have it shipped to a Fedex shipping store/kinkos I think they do so for free or maybe $5 (ups store offers this too)
jchung wrote:Mine was delivered by FedEx and IIRC was left on the porch. Sign up for FedEx delivery manager (or whatever their service is called) and FedEx should notify you when a package has been scheduled to be delivered to your address. I think you should then be able to go online and give them alternate instructions for delivery.
Perfect information. This is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you. Trigger pulled and NZ ordered! :o)

5280grindz

#1410: Post by 5280grindz »

Has anyone noticed a lot of fines?

How's grind uniformity?

I'm on the fence but seeing some negative comments here and there on the two topics.

Cheers