Niche Zero grinder - Page 130

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
dominoak

#1291: Post by dominoak »

Antonee wrote:How much did you all pay in tax and duties?
All in, brokerage ($12.??), GST, and duty (08%) were $122.58 CAD. Received in about a week from time of order.

grover

#1292: Post by grover »

I don't think I did. I didn't get anything from Fedex. Total with shipping and dollar conversion was $706 USD paid to Indigogo.

wrz0170

#1293: Post by wrz0170 » replying to grover »

About what I paid. $705 USD.

blondica73

#1294: Post by blondica73 »

I paid about $703 USD for mine. It depends on the exchange rate at the time of purchase.

Lilybell2

#1295: Post by Lilybell2 »

OK, I checked my records. I paid $700.02 to "Indiegogo*Campaign," plus I paid an $18.90 "foreign transaction fee."

Antonee

#1296: Post by Antonee »

Wow, thanks all for your replies regarding tax/duties. Looks like Americans haven't had to pay tax/duty but Canadians are!

yvrdennis

#1297: Post by yvrdennis » replying to Antonee »

Not surprising. The US and Canada both a set minimum value (de minimus) at which they'll collect tax and duty. For the US it is up around $800 or something like that. For Canadians it is a whopping $25!! One part of the new NAFTA deal is that Canada has agreed to raise it's de minimus level but I think it's only going up to $150, so we still get spanked.

mohninme
Supporter

#1298: Post by mohninme »

dominoak wrote:All in, brokerage ($12.??), GST, and duty (08%) were $122.58 CAD. Received in about a week from time of order.
So all in (Can$$) what did it cost to get one to Alberta?
Michael

caffeineme

#1299: Post by caffeineme »

Moka 1 Cup wrote:Similar solution. With a plus, for those who care.
Hey Monte, thanks for posting this. Bought a set from Amazon, but all my colored ones have a bottom piece which makes them stand up, unlike the blue one you posted. Did you remove that bottom piece?

Felice

#1300: Post by Felice »

I went out of town to visit some family which led to me babbling about how great the Niche is to my mother and aunt. I actually missed it!