Niche Zero grinder - Page 124

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
bengee

#1231: Post by bengee » Jun 11, 2019, 8:26 pm

Fisher wrote:Does anyone know what the import duties & costs are to receive a Niche in Canada?

Just found an answer to my question: 9 % duty is charged on goods from those countries not in the European Union or North America, and of course GST & PST apply as well.
Hi Fisher, fellow Canadian I presume. I am probably the first to bite on some special secret canadian order option on the indiegogo platform. It was shipped within an hour! Brokerage was taken care of by Aramex and I had to pay them a whopping 207$CAD, which covered brokerage fees, duties, taxes and whatever else they fancied.

The Niche Zero is a beaut! near zero retention and super easy to dial in. Looking forward to my first coffee tomorrow morning.

Fisher

#1232: Post by Fisher » Jun 11, 2019, 10:06 pm

Bengee,
Good to hear a report, thanks.

sweaner
Supporter ♡

#1233: Post by sweaner » Jun 11, 2019, 10:58 pm

grover wrote:Still new to using bellows. Do you just place this on top without the cap and push down?
Yes...but I stopped doing this as I don't think it makes a bit of real difference.
Scott
LMWDP #248

www.coffeefreek.com

tglodjo

#1234: Post by tglodjo » Jun 11, 2019, 11:58 pm

Fisher wrote:I am really interested to hear how the Niche compares "in the cup" with the Feldgrind... but for espresso only, not pour over. Did you find quite noticeable differences in taste & mouthfeel?
I have never used my Feldgrind for espresso....Sorry!

Fisher

#1235: Post by Fisher » Jun 12, 2019, 5:51 am

Thanks. I'm really hoping someone in the group here has used both a "Made by Knock" grinder and a "Niche Zero"... wondering if the Niche will yield anything different in taste or texture when it comes to espresso? The convenience of electric is a plus, but if the results in the cup are not discernible, this aspect is very much a factor for me.

Mrboots2u

#1236: Post by Mrboots2u » replying to Fisher » Jun 12, 2019, 6:23 am

I dont use the knock alot for espresso but for what it's worth a this is totally subjective , i prefer the shots from my Niche.
You certainly want find them worse and they make the workflow alot quicker.

redexjames

#1237: Post by redexjames » Jun 14, 2019, 11:40 am

Reduce vibration

mianor

#1238: Post by mianor » Jun 14, 2019, 12:00 pm

Fisher wrote:Bengee,
Good to hear a report, thanks. (Duty should not have been charged for shipment from UK to Canada; only sales tax should be owing.)
They don't deduct the UK VAT before shipping abroad, so you will pay your local VAT on top of the British 20 percent. For international buyers this grinder should be a lot cheaper if they manage to make a deal with a distributor.

Mrboots2u

#1239: Post by Mrboots2u » Jun 14, 2019, 12:18 pm

redexjames wrote:<image>
<image>
<image>
<image>
Forigive me, but why ?

jchung
Supporter ♡

#1240: Post by jchung » replying to Mrboots2u » Jun 14, 2019, 12:23 pm

Occasionally, little bits of coffee beans will slip between the lid and the top of the collar and land on the ring. I'm assuming this mod is to fill that space.